Chapter 44

Fix a heart

Chapter 44

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment." -Sarah Dessen

Blair's POV:

**2 months later**

'Its in your lips, and in your kiss, it's in your touch, and your fingertips.'

I knew exactly where the singing was coming from as I sleepily walked down my staircase, silently walking towards the kitchen.

'And it's in all the things and other things that make you who you are, and your eyes, irresistible.'

His voice made my heart pound within my chest as I listened to him sing from outside the door, opening it softly and poking my head in.

"Oh, good morning!" Harry grins widely. He stands at my stove, a spatula in his hand and a pan of pancakes baking in front of him.

"Mornin." I say sleepily, wrapping my sweater around my body, a little chilly. He sets the cooking utensil down, pushing himself from the stove.

"Don't say it." I groan as he moves to stand in front of me.

"Happy..." He starts off slowly, another groan falling from my lips and my eyes falling closed.

"Birthday!" He exclaims, his finger tapping the end of my nose.

"I said don't say it!" I pout, stomping my foot on the tiled floor like a child. Harry chuckles, his hands skimming down my sides before pecking my lips softy.

"What's the big deal about turning twenty?" He asks.

"Because, it means I'm old." I tell him. He chuckles at my words.

"Crap." He whispers against my lips before turning quickly, flipping the burning pancakes.

"I knew this wouldn't turn out good." He mumbles to himself as he scrapes at the pan. I walk around him to make a cup of coffee, but smile as I see one already made for me. I pick it up, holding the cup underneath my chin to see if its hot or not, and once I feel the steam on my chin, I take a sip. Harry chuckles at my odd habit, but I ignore it and set my coffee down to hop up onto the counter.

"Those ones don't look demolished." I inform him, pointing to the plate that has a stack of pancakes on it. He nods his head, leaning against the counter.

"Yeah, those are the ones that survived." He sighs.

"And those-" He points to the trash can in the corner of the kitchen. "-are the ones that didn't...." He trails off, our eyes locked on the trash can with multiple torn apart and burnt pancakes in it. He pushes himself from the counter to grab the good plate of pancakes.

"You tried?" I suggest, making him chuckle before letting my legs part for him to rest between. His hips lean against the counter, my head only a little taller than his even though I'm sitting on the counter. He grabs a fork from the kitchen drawer by my feet, tickling my foot in the process.

"One more week, and then you'll be officially mine." His grin is wide as he chews on his pancakes.

"I thought I was already yours?" I tease.

"You are. But once were married that means I can call you Mrs Styles." He coos, lifting a hand to pinch my already rosy cheek between his fingers before I swat them away.

"What? I like when you blush." He tells me, my eyes rolling before I accept the offer of pancakes he held out on the fork for me, taking a bite.

"Not bad." I say surprisingly, nodding my head, giggling as his lips press to mine quickly, before grumbling under my breath as he wipes sticky syrup onto the tip of my nose with a cheeky smile.