Chapter Four: "The Sutton's Mansion"

"How exactly do we go about interrogating an entire family, including his wife, two children, the security, and a maid?" Patricia inquired, her finger pressing the gate's doorbell. In front of them stood an imposing mansion.

Watson responded, his tone measured, "We must be patient and attentive, focusing on their words and scrutinizing their eyes for signs of deception. Each family member will face unique questioning."

As the gate's security guard welcomed them, Watson began, "We are here to..."

The security guard interjected, "Welcome, Agents. Please, come inside."

Agent Watson continued, "You must be Evan Scott, correct?"

Evan Scott affirmed, "Yes, that's me. We've been informed of your arrival, and everyone is in the living room, waiting."

Patricia concurred, "That's good."

Agent Watson and Patricia entered the Sutton family's living room. An air of gravity and urgency pervaded as they prepared to interrogate the late father's widow.

"The rest of you can wait in the dining area," Agent Watson instructed as he and Patricia departed for the interrogation room. Mrs. Lesley Sutton remained.

[Part One: Suspects – Mrs. Lesley Sutton]

"Ma'am, please, take a seat," Detective Watson spoke, his tone composed.

"I can't believe what I've heard. The doctors said it was a heart attack," Mrs. Sutton replied, nervously occupying the chair, her hands trembling, voice quivering.

"We're sorry for your loss, Mrs. Sutton. However, the autopsy results revealed that he was murdered," Watson replied, his voice sympathetic.

Patricia took over, her tone business-like, "Can you describe your relationship with your late husband?"

"We had our ups and downs, like any marriage," Mrs. Sutton responded. "But I loved him, and I would never harm him."

Watson probed, "Do you have an alibi for the night of your husband's murder?"

"I was at home all night, asleep in my bed," she replied with conviction. "My son and daughter were also sleeping in their rooms."

Patricia inquired further, "What about the security guard and the maid?"

"They were both here on duty that night," Mrs. Sutton confirmed.

Watson and Patricia exchanged knowing glances, silently acknowledging their shared suspicions.

"Thank you for your cooperation, Mrs. Sutton. You may leave. Please send in your son next," Watson directed.

[**Part Two: Suspects – Davion Sutton**]

"Please, have a seat, young man," Watson said in an authoritative tone. "We need to ask you about your father's murder."

Davion retorted, "Don't call me 'young man.' I'm not a kid."

Patricia attempted to soothe the situation, but Davion persisted, "I don't understand any of this. My father died, and I'm grieving. Then, a day later, you tell us he was murdered and take his body away. Just tell me what happened to my father."

"We will," Patricia assured. "But first, we need to know where you were when your father was murdered."

"I was in my room, asleep," Davion replied. "I didn't hear anything until I woke up and found my father's body."