Chapter Five: "Surveillance Footage"

Agent Watson and his diligent assistant, Patricia, retired to their headquarters [S.I.N HQ], with the securely stored footage procured from the house of the deceased Daniel Sutton. They guided themselves to a secluded chamber housing a capacious display screen. Once within the confines of the secluded room, Watson adroitly inserted the footage into the monitor, initiating the pictorial narrative. The two agents remained silent, intensely focused on the footage, jotting down noteworthy occurrences. The soundless chamber was filled only by the reverberations of the footage. Watson and Patricia watched with great concentration, leaning in closer to the monitor to discern any salient details. As they proceeded, they meticulously noted each and every critical detail, occasionally pausing the footage to analyze potential significance of their observations. For an hour, Watson and Patricia concentrated unwaveringly on the footage, exhaustively dissecting every minute aspect and probable clue. They were cognizant that the footage could contain the vital key to unlocking the case and were resolute not to overlook any important information. At last, the footage came to a close. Watson powered off the display screen and turned to Patricia.

"What is your opinion?" he inquired.

Patricia paused for a moment, then replied, "I believe we should thoroughly scrutinize the alibis of the family members."

Watson replied “All their alibis are checked, and were all right”

Patricia “And maybe that’s the problem, someone among them knew what was going to happen, and about that plumber the security guard mentioned? The plumber manage to escape all security footage except the one of him coming in, which he covered his entire face, and now we can’t identify him.”

Watson with a deep thought “I think I understand the concept of this case. The Sutton family all shared the same alibi, his wife and his children, there were all in their room sleeping when the perfect crime happen, this explain that one of them must have hired a hit-man, to kill Mr. Daniel Sutton, which that hit-man apparently disguise himself as a plumber, the hit-man was giving access to the mansion’s layout, that explain how he managed to avoid all security cameras.”

Patricia “And what about if your theory was wrong, what if he was just a plumber, and he didn’t even knew he was kind of avoiding live footage, and what if the Sutton family knew nothing about their father’s death”

Watson replied “Mere coincidence don’t happen lots in terms of luck”

“What does that mean?” Patricia asked bewildered

Watson “Forget about it, but even if they are just coincidence, we must still consider it as a part of investigation, and we should look at the over-view”

Patricia asked “What do we do next?”

Watson exhaled “Well… I need you to conducted a background check on Mr. Daniel Sutton [The decease], we should know those he have falling out with and his rivals, I also want you to look into the financial records of his family, also we need to take out the security guard [Evan Scott], and the maid [Alix Jacquet] from our primary suspect pool, their alibis are 100 percent checked.”

Patricia “Well to do all that, we need to return to my cyber lab.”

Watson “Then let’s get down there” he replied, their footstep’s retreating as they both headed to the S.I.N cyber-laboratories.