Skies of grey

His eyes felt heavy, eyelids closing without his consent as he tried to fight the urge to rest. His back felt stiff, muscles drawn tight as he tried to make himself comfortable, or at least, as comfortable as he could be while sitting in the infirmary's bedside chair.

The sun had long disappeared from the sky. Soft grey clouds drifting lazily on the horizon, the moonlight illuminated the room with soft hues, a testament to the late hour they resided in.

Akatani had yet to wake up, despite the many hours that had passed since the incident, the teen had shown no sign of regaining consciousness. This fact only served to increase the worry Aizawa could feel festering in his guts.

Recovery girl was currently resting in the room adjoined to her office, unable to leave without discharging all her patients first. Aizawa, for his part, didn't have to be here. He could've taken his leave with Shinsou when he ordered the boy to head home because it was already way passed the end of classes.

However, he couldn't get himself to move. Regardless of the irrationality of the action, he felt the need to stay here and make sure his student would be alright.

And so he resolved to sit there and stay awake as he waited.

________________________________

His head throbbed, a sharp migraine piercing his skull as if it was being rammed repeatedly into a wall by a hammer.

The pain is so intense it makes his eyes water, as they flutter open. White, pristine tiles greet his gaze as his vision finally settles back into focus. His heart hammering in his chest as he tried to stay as still as possible.

His instincts kick in as his mind recalls the science department's rules and restrictions. He'd learned the hard way what would happen to him if he ever struggled after one of their many experiments. How much worse it would get for him if he ever tried to move or even contemplate escaping. Eyes darting left and right as much as his vision allowed him without actually having to move his head, he tried to make sense of his surroundings.

A sharp beeping sound resounded through the room, most likely from the heart monitor that would surely, be attached to his arm.

The noise betrays his calm, collected facade, making his trepidation known.

"Hey, hey, you're okay, you need to calm down." The voice startles him. Not because he wasn't expecting to be monitored. In fact, he was never alone in the science department. However, what takes him off guard is the voice. The gruff, yet soft tone, belongs to none of the usual scientists he is all too familiar with.

It's only then that he remembers. Closing his eyes and breathing in, he settles back into himself. His heart rate dropping to its regular beat and his mind clearing itself of any unwanted thoughts.

He was at UA. He was undercover.

He'd been in a quirk accident, he thinks.

"Good, you're doing good, kid." The voice, one he now can recognize as Eraserhead's, continues in the same soft tone as before, one meant to calm and reassure.

Finally letting himself move, he straightens up until he's upright. Feeling the stiffness in his muscles, the creaking of some of his bones. The teacher's hand hovers over him all the while, as if afraid he's crumble and break at any moment.

"Easy there, Sonny." Recovery Girl says, having just stepped into the room. "You shouldn't move too much just yet. You've been unconscious for quite a while, now."

Aizawa wordlessly steps out of the way as she takes his place by Izuku's bedside.

"How do you feel, any pain or discomfort I should know about?" She asks sternly, eyeing him critically, her eyes flitting to the monitor to his right.