Chapter 11 : The Video Message

Nitasha stared at the laptop screen, her eyes wide with shock. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Haseena had left her a message, a video message, that explained everything - the solution to Haseena's disapperance mystery , where she was gone and why she was gone.

She took a deep breath to get a hold of her  tension and clicked on the play button and watched as Haseena's face appeared on the screen. She looked tired and scared, but also determined and brave.

" Hi !! Nia , First of all tum dono ko aise tension mein daalne ke liye maafi chahti hun par mere paas aur koi option nahi tha " She said.

She took a deep breath and continued.

" Mujhe pata hai tumhari dil mein bahut si sawal hai ,  mai koshish karugi mai usko solve kar paau... I know you must have a lot of questions, and I'll try to answer them as best as I can. But first, let me tell you why I'm in trouble. It's because of my job, my investigation. You know how I work as a journalist for The Times, right? Well, I was working on a big story, a huge story, that could change everything. A story that could expose the most powerful and corrupt man in the country." She said.

She paused and looked around nervously.

" His name is Anveer Raj. And , I had to do a research on him as per higher orders from my senior , Major Rana . He's a high ranked official at intelligence. Aaj pata hai tumhari pyaari chutku ( Nitasha calls Karishma chutku ) ne kya ki... jaan nikal di thi meri , pata hai... mai thodi gusse mein is room pe baithi thi , phir kuch time baad us room mein gayi toh pata chala madam ne nikal gyi hai gharse pata hai... ek bhi sunti nahi meri... us waqt Major Rana ka call aya urgency pe ke I need to pack all my things on an urgent basis . Ek taraf mai unki orders ke against nahi jaa sakti dusri taraf I couldn't afford to lose her . Dimaag aur dil ke vich jo jang chal raha tha na Nishu us waqt kaise bataye . Phir jab vo ghar ayi na maano jaise sharir mein rooh vapas aa gayi . Uski bandage ke liye usko laga ke mai naaraz hun par asliyat toh yahi hai ke vo thikse vapas aayi hai ghar isse khush hu mai bahut . Pata hai na tumko yaar , IB ke part hone ke khaatir khudki jaan se khelna koi bada baat nahi hai mere liye , par usko kuchho jaye toh hum jeete jeete mar jayege na " She said in a state of breaking down.

Nitasha felt a surge of adrenaline as she listened to Haseena's words. She couldn't believe that her best friend was an undercover agent for the Intelligence Bureau, and that she was on the verge of exposing Anveer Raj, the most notorious and influential criminal in the country. She wondered how Haseena had managed to keep this secret from her and Karishma for so long.

She also feared thinking what had happened to her chutku, who was kidnapped probably  by Anveer's men and Haseena had no knowledge about it. She also has no idea about how she would rescue Karishma , Haseena's little sister who had no idea where she got trapped in a loop. Her brain seemed to stop working .

She watched as Haseena continued her message.

" Anveer Raj bahut illegal activities  ke piche ka mastermind hai jaise ke illegal activities - drugs ke illegal business, human trafficking, extortion , murder ... aur bhi bahut kuch!! High authorities ke saath connection hone ke kaaran , vo abhi bhi apna kaala dhanda chala rahe hai . Usko yeh maan'na hai ke usko arrest karna toh dur ki baat , usko chhune ke bhi shakti nahi hai kisi ke paas. Yes my jaan , I did it. Maine almost 90% kaam kar liya  hai with all proofs against him. " She said.

Nitasha thinks , " Aur shayad tumhari is zidd ka imtehaan chutku ko chukana pad raha , jisko koi andaza bhi nahi hai in chizon ka! "

She looked into the camera with a determined expression.