Day 8

The glare of the sun's rays peaked, glistening bright enough to blind Chan through closed eyelids. With the sheer cold of Korea's breeze slowly hitting Chan's bare chest, he shivered. Similar to his front, his posterior remained uncovered. The stark figure of his broad shoulders in comparison to his waist, snatched in appearance, exposed itself to the cold.

After a brief moment in the cold, there was a sudden warmth. The heat continued to radiate, along with the feeling of strong devotion and protection, as an arm contracted around his slender waist. 

Chan softly opened his eyes, looking down at the arm that was now providing him warmth.

It wrapped around Chan's waist, cupping his right oblique. 

The soft and passive breathing of his hyung passed his ear: it was soothing like a whisper, while comforting like a kiss on the forehead. Auditorily stimulated, Chan tensed up. Loosening back towards a neutrally calm state, Joshua leaned his head forward.

The gentle sound of a kiss came with the sensation of one on his left shoulder blade.

Chan eased in to the hug more as he felt Joshua's chin creep forward, resting in the crook of his neck. Unlike the flowing windchill, the sensation of Joshua's kiss was warm. It was a pooling heat, and the warmth of his built body was hugging Chan in a heated embrace. 

They laid together, allowing themselves to bask in the warmth and the joy they brought to each other.

Chan heard a small breath escape Joshua's lips as he felt his strong chest expand against his warm back. "Chan-ah," he said as he turned his head--while still resting in the crook--for easier access to his left ear. He blew into his ear, tickling the younger momentarily. 

"Ack! Hyung!" Chan pouted.

Joshua giggled quietly behind him before picking up from where he left off: "I think we've cuddled enough this morning. I'm going to make breakfast, okay?" Even without looking, Joshua knew Chan was sulking: he wanted to cuddle forever, too, but they couldn't just lay down all day. 

With that, Joshua removed himself from their bodies, now previously intertwined with one another.

Joshua walked around his bed to make way towards the closet. He snuck a look at Chan who was sulking, hugging a pillow beside him. Joshua gave him his signature bunny smile before opening the closet door.

Chan couldn't help but feel a bit warmer. His face flushed at the sight of Joshua's sweet smile. He had never seen a smile so warm before. Every time he sees it, he can't help but feel something inside him. He just couldn't pinpoint the feeling.

He watched as Joshua opened a smaller dresser in his closet, leaning forward at his waist to reach inside. He pulled out a pair of gray sweatpants and put them on. Primping himself, he walked out of his bedroom, shirtless, wearing gray sweatpants, and using his black slides. The sight of Joshua's jacked and broad back excited Chan.

He picked himself off the bed and looked at the pile of his clothes that Joshua had folded up nicely on his desk chair: The black short shorts and light sweater, the white crew socks, and the red sweatshirt. The red sweatshirt.

There was a sudden shock. Almost like a bullet had hit Chan on the side of his head, his head began to pound. And the visions of that brute, Namjoon, crawling over his helpless and non-consenting body began to reappear.

Suddenly the visions disappeared, but his head continued to pound. Chan held his hand towards his temple, attempting to soothe the throbbing that emanated from deep within his cranium.

Then there was a break in the pounding. And the visions began to come back to him.

"Namjo--J-Joshua?" Chan pondered.

Why was a vision of Joshua appearing when Namjoon was the one who assaulted him? He took away his consensual and kind manner. So why was he seeing Joshua?

"Close your eyes, I want you to recover, okay?"

Like the rush of blood to a human's cheeks after a feeling of love or embarrassment, the memories came flooding back to Chan.

"I remember now. I was wearing this red sweatshirt at the party. I was wearing this when Namjoon--but I was also wearing this when Joshua carried me like his bride. He carried me out of Proof University's dormitory building and buckled me up inside his car." Everything was coming back to him.

"Close your eyes, I want you to recover, okay?"

"And then I passed out.. not long after Joshua reached over and held my hand the rest of the drive. H-He's been so nice to me."

Chan smiled, an intense blush formed across his face.

He put on the red sweatshirt and white crew socks. He put the black shorts on and made his way towards the kitchen. 

Chan looked at the hyung in front of him.

He stood there. His shoulder blades? Prominent. His arms? Bulging with muscle. His waist? Snatched--wrapped by the sudden hug of Chan in his oversize sweatshirt.

Joshua gave his soft giggle before smiling again.

"Dino-ya," Joshua sounded almost sternly. It wasn't menacing, but he was definitely getting serious.

"Yes?" Chan asked in a bright tone, just happy to be around his Shua hyung.

For a split second, there was a deafening silence. And then there was a question: "You return activities with football practice tomorrow, right?"

"I-I do. Why, hyung?"

Joshua's shoulders bobbed up and settled back down as he took a deep breath. He looked up before looking down towards the pan below him. He turned off the stove and turned around. Chan's arms were still wrapped around his hyung's waist, but his face was now buried in between the gap between his hyung's built chest. 

It was like resting his head in the crook of two firm pillows. His chest was just the same: firm; but it was nice and pleasing to rest his head in between.

Joshua put his hands on Chan's shoulders and slightly pushed him off of him. In an attempt to get him to look at him, he held his arms firmly in his grasp: it was a pretty tight squeeze, but it didn't bother Chan.

"Chan, when you go back to practice tomorrow, I think it's best if you don't mention anything about you, Team Seven, or even... us, okay?"

Chan looked up at his hyung with sad eyes.

Joshua hoped Chan had understood what he was trying to get at, but he wasn't so sure if it was successful.

"O-Okay, hyung. If you want us to keep things hidden, then I'll say this while we're alone."

Joshua looked at him with a confused expression painted over his face. He couldn't think of what Chan would say to him. He was perplexed, scared that it would be something bad.

Except he didn't need to worry. And he would be happy to know Chan was genuine when he told him:

"I-I love you, hyung."