cryptic pregnancy.

age: 24

You had moved out of your moms house and in with your boyfriend 3 years ago, not because you were waiting until you could afford it, but because you couldn't stand the thought of leaving your mom. You were both so close and you would still see her every single day, whether you showed up to the studio or at her house, or she would sometimes even show up at yours. There was no knocking involved, you both just had keys and would even go over each other's when the other wasn't there, if you were out of something. After all, you only lived a few doors down, because that's the furthest you would ever get from her.

One day, your boyfriend was at work and you started to get shooting pains in your stomach. You tried to brush them off as nothing but they were becoming unbearable, so you drove over to your mom's studio, sobbing in agony.

She smiled at first when she saw your figure, but her face quickly dropped and painted with concern when she saw you crying, clutching your stomach.

"Y/n?? Are you alright?" she got up right away, helping you walk over to sit you down.

"It hurts!" You yell clutching your stomach.

Taylor was working with Ed today, and he hadn't seen you since you were 16, so he didn't even recognise you at first.

"Let me take you to the hospital" Taylor says, trying to help you up, but you had to sit back down again right away.

"I'll have an ambulance come." Ed says, walking out of the room.

"Do you know why you're in pain?" Taylor asks

"No, I was just sitting at home when it hit me and Char is at work so i thought i'd come to you because i wouldn't have been able to drive all the way to Selena's house an-"

"It's okay." she soothes. "Is there anything i can do to help?"

"No. Just be with me. And maybe call Char."

"Alright." She leans over and grabs her phone, calling him.

"Taylor? Is everything alright?" he sounds concerned, because he knows Taylor is at the studio and is super busy with her album.

"Well i have y/n here in bad pain." he could head your goraning in the background. "I can't get her to the hospital so there's an ambulance coming, if you want to meet us there. But if work is a lot right now i can look after her."

"No, no i'm coming right away!" he says. "Thank you for calling Taylor, ill see you at the hospital."

The ambulance takes you into the hospital, and the doctors start swarming around you, trying to figure out what's going on. After an hour of not finding anything, they finally get you in for a scan to figure it out.

"Get her in for an ultrasound, and come back to trauma bay to give me those results!" he says, running off to help another patient as his pager went off.

"Oh." The doctor said, looking at the ultrasound.

"What is it?" Taylor says.

"I thought you said you weren't pregnant?" the doctor says.

"I'm not.."

The doctor turns the screen, pointing to a human shaped blob, making you yell.

"AH!" you yelp

"It's alright." Taylor says, rubbing your shoulder. "I'm gunna be a granny." she says, tears in her eyes.

The pain hits you again, making you groan.

"Okay so Miss Swift,"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah?" you and taylor both say.

"Right im calling you big swift, little swift and baby swift, assuming the baby will take your last name."

"Damn right it will be." you say, as the doctor sets you in a wheelchair wheeling you off.

"Okay so the reason you're in pain is because you're in labour, and you didn't know you were pregnant is because you've had a cryptic pregnancy. This baby is coming now and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it."

"HUH?"

"Oh my god!!" Taylor claps her hands together in excitement.

~~

"That's it, just one more." The doctor says, as you push one last time, and she lifts up the crying baby. "Congratulations! It's a girl!"

"What the fuck?" you say, slamming your head back down on the pillow, as Taylor brushes the hairs away from your sweaty face.

Taylor gets handed the baby, and she walks ever so delicately to show her to you.

"Thank god she's not bald" You say, taking her.

~~

You're back in a normal room, sleeping while Taylor holds the baby when a doctor knocks on the door.

"We have a Charlie at the front desk, says he knows little swift, boyfriend or something."

"Oh! Yeah let him through!" she says, then returns to cooing at the baby.

He runs through the doors. "Sorry i had trouble getting off work is she alright?"

"Yeah!" Taylor says.

"Why are you so-" he pauses "Who's baby is that?"

"Yours. Wanna hold her?" she says. "Assuming it was you that did this anyways.." passing the baby to him.

"Yeah it was me, but i didn't know? Why didn't she tell me? Did she tell you?" she says, in shock of it all. 5 minutes ago, he had no clue if he was ever going to have a daughter.

"No. She didn't know herself. Doctors said it was a cryptic pregnancy, no symptoms so she only knew when she was literally halfway out." Taylor says, standing next to him and cooing again.

~~

You'd woken up and you were now holding your baby, char running his hand through your hair, staring at your beautiful daughter while Taylor filled up her whole camera roll with pictures.

"She looks like you Taylor." Char says. "The eyes."

She smiles softly, looking at her grandbaby's open eyes for the first time.

ANYWAYS I SKIPPED SCHOOL AND HELPED UNLOCK THE VAULT ALL DAY IM SO EXITED FOR 1989 TAYLORS VERSION 🤭🤭🤭