14: A Dish Best Served Cold

The next morning, I was fully set on the plan Harry had laid out. He had explained it so simply, and the truth was, it was pure genius. I kept having to remind myself that this man had won two millennium prizes, but I doubted after today that I would have to anymore.

Walking onto campus at around 3pm, Harry and I walked through the student body, towards a specific classroom. I had taken the day off from my own classes, and Harry had hardly needed to reschedule anything; it was as if the universe had timed it perfectly, leaving the day open to give us just enough time to prepare.

And now came the moment of truth.

Entering a building I had frequented a lot these past few months, I let Harry take the lead nonetheless as we approached a nearly empty classroom. It was deserted completely, all except for one person standing in there, going over some notes on his desk.

Havers.

"Are you ready?" Harry asked, looking down to affirm my choice to be here for this. But I wouldn't miss this for the world, even if my skin crawled with the fact that I was going to face Havers in a second, only half a day after he tried to assault me.

I still nodded firmly, giving Harry an assuring smile. "I am."

Harry smiled back, but then knocked on the door, almost ironically politely, before he pushed the door open.

Looking up from his mess, Havers briefly frowned, probably wondering which student of his was showing up early for his oncoming class. The second he saw Harry there instead, though, his brows flew up and he abandoned his notes.

"Harry," Percy greeted him with a bright smile, at least right until he noticed me following behind. His smile stiffened a tad, and with a more measured mien, he looked at me. "And Miss Cassandra. What brings you to my classroom today?"

"I've treated you like an intellectual peer my whole life, Percy, please don't insult me by not doing the same," Harry replied with a stealthy voice. And yet, I could feel the ice pouring from every word as he stopped in front of Havers, who understandably lifted a confused brow.

"Excuse me? I don't believe I've—"

"You tried to sexually molest a young student," Harry broke through his bullshit. Even I was taken aback by his brash approach, but Harry didn't even as much as flinch. He was cutting straight to the point, keeping his eyes firmly on Havers as he noticeably lost a shade of color.

"Excuse me?" Havers spat back, feigning shock. He looked bewildered down at Harry, the color on his face slowly returning to a beet-red instead. "This is absolutely—"

"Unnecessary to lie," Harry cut off again, reaching into his own pocket. Pulling out my ruined stockings, he dangled them from his finger in front of Havers. The second Havers laid eyes on them, his eyes widened.

If Harry ever had had any doubts of my story, it vanished in that moment. Havers' expression couldn't be mistaken as he looked upon the same pantyhose he had tried to rip off yesterday. The look of recognition was all there on his face, clearly not expecting Harry to present the piece of clothing. The act surprised him, but as ever, Havers' slickness returned only a second later, schooling his features and straightening his posture.

"I suppose she told you this?" His tone shifted noticeably to defensive very fast, nodding towards me with a scoff. "Hardly surprising. Did she also tell you she's failing my class? Quite a coincidence she should accuse the professor who's flunking her of something like this." He looked with disgust at the ruined pantyhose.

Harry's lip lifted at the corner, and he slowly lowered the garment, stuffing it back into his pocket. "I figured you'd say that. Regrettably, you are a smart man, Percy. You know very well what evidence we have won't hold up anywhere. It's your word against hers."