finding out that you're pregnant

You let out a shaky breath as you closed the toilet seat lid.

It's only a little after six in the morning but you're wide awake.

Not for a good reason though because you awoke to feeling your stomach turn.

You jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom without waking Scarlett somehow.

You leaned against the bathtub as you ran your fingers through your hair.

Your stomach was finally starting to settle.

You thought about what could be making you so sick.

The flu is going around.

Perhaps you've caught that?

But you weren't showing any other symptoms, so it didn't seem like it could be that.

You got up and prepared to brush your teeth so you could head back to bed and get some more rest and you figured that when you woke up, you'd talk to Scarlett about it and figure out what you might have.

But that's when you remembered something.

You and Scarlett have been trying to start a family and you did your last IVF treatment a couple of weeks ago.

You didn't want to get your hopes up but you wondered if you being sick could mean that you're pregnant.

You opened the cabinet and took out a couple of pregnancy tests, just to be sure.

This wouldn't be your first time taking a test but you hoped that it would be the last.

Because you and Scarlett have been wanting a family for some time now and IVF seems like a great way to do it, but the last time you tried it, it was unsuccessful.

You could only hope for better results this time around.

You took both of the tests and set them on the counter before washing your hands.

You opened the bathroom door just a crack and saw that Scarlett was still sound asleep in bed.

She's had a long and busy week so she's out like a light right now.

But that would change soon.

Because after a few minutes went by and you turned the tests over, you saw that they were both positive.

You couldn't believe it!

Tears filled your eyes and you covered your mouth as a gasp left your lips.

You knew you had to tell Scarlett, you couldn't wait even another minute.

You rushed out of the bathroom with both tests in your hands and you sat down beside Scarlett before shaking her awake.

"Scarlett! Baby, wake up!"

She groaned as she opened her tired eyes.

"What is it, darling?"

You turned the light on, causing her to groan as she rubbed her eyes.

"It's so early." She mumbled.

"I know but I had to wake you up! I woke up a little while ago and my stomach felt funny and I ended up throwing up."

"You're sick, baby?" She frowned as she cupped your cheeks in her hands as she sat up.

"No. I'm pregnant."

She stared at you in shock and silence for a moment.

So you handed her the pregnancy tests and you watched as she picked them up and gazed at them in awe.

"It's positive. They're both positive." She quietly spoke. "You're pregnant... I can't believe it!"

"Believe it, baby. Because it's real. It's happening." You said as you gazed into her eyes.

Her lower lip trembled as so many emotions flooded over her.

But the strongest of all was happiness; pure happiness.

"We're having a baby!" She grinned as she pulled you into her arms. "Oh, my god. This is incredible! We're having a baby, finally!"

"I'm so excited!"

"Me too." She said as she put her hand on your stomach. "I can't wait to meet them. Oh, god, you're going to be the best mom ever."

"So will you." You smiled and stroked her cheek.

"Hi in there, baby. It's your mom. We can't wait to meet you." She said as she rubbed your stomach. "I promise we will love you forever, no matter what."

You smiled through the tears of joy in your eyes.

You've been waiting for this for so long.

You've been wanting a family with Scarlett for so long now and, at last, it was all finally happening.

And even though there were going to be some tough and challenging times ahead, you looked forward to them all and you looked forward to this new journey with Scarlett.