first ultrasound

"Are you okay?" You asked Scarlett as you noticed that she was biting at her lip.

"Yeah, I'm just getting caught up in my thoughts. This is all just so exciting!" She replied with a big smile. "How about you, my love? Are you okay?"

You nodded your head and she leaned in to give you a sweet kiss, only to pull away just as your lips met when the doctor knocked on the door.

"Hello," He said with a friendly smile. "How are we doing today?"

"Good." You replied. "A little antsy."

"Because you're excited?" He asked and you and Scarlett both nodded in response. "I figured. This is a very exciting time and you two must be especially excited to see your baby for the first time!"

"Very!" Scarlett replied.

"Well, let's not wait any longer then." He said and you laid back before raising your shirt slightly. "And you're feeling good?"

"Aside from the fact that I throw up multiple times a day every single day, yeah, just dandy."

The doctor nodded, chuckling a little.

"That's very normal. It shouldn't last too much longer."

"That would be nice." You said and Scarlett smiled as she kissed your forehead.

The doctor poured some of the gel on your stomach before he began to move the wand around.

It took only a few seconds for him to look back at you and Scarlett.

"Do you see your baby?"

You and Scarlett spotted them right away.

They were so tiny, only the size of a grape at the very most, and you were so amazed to think that something so tiny was actually your baby.

"They're so small." You spoke in awe.

"Not for much longer." The doctor joked. "They'll be much bigger before you know it. It might not seem like it right now but time is going to fly by."

"I can't believe that's them. Oh, they're perfect." Scarlett said as she stared at the screen through the blur of her tears.

"Let's see if we can do one other thing real quick." He spoke as he pushed a couple of buttons.

And then, you and Scarlett were met with an incredible sound - the sound of your baby's heartbeat.

"You have a very healthy baby." He said. "Very good heartbeat and they look fantastic."

You breathed out a sigh of relief as you looked at Scarlett.

She was smiling despite the tears falling down her cheeks.

Reaching out, you wiped them away and she stared at you in amazement.

"You hear that? We've got a very healthy baby, baby." She grinned before kissing you softly.

"I'm so happy. I just can't believe this is happening. I can't wait to meet them!" You said excitedly.

"Do you want some pictures?"

"Yes, please!" You and Scarlett quickly answered.

"Of course. I'll be right back." He said before leaving the room.

"That's such a wonderful sound. I can't believe that's them, that's their heart." You whispered.

"I love them so much already." She said as she kissed your cheek. "And I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too." You said before she kissed your lips once more, both of you smiling from ear to ear as your lips moved in sync as your baby's heartbeat continued.

And now, you were both even more excited for everything ahead.