mood swings

"Well, good morning to my babies! How are you feeling today?" Scarlett asked from where she stood at the stove.

"Fine, I guess." You said as you sat down at the table.

Placing your hand on your cheek, you closed your eyes and groaned as the scent of the breakfast she was making began to fill the air.

"What's wrong?" She asked as she came up behind you, having a free minute to do so. "I thought your morning sickness wasn't as bad now that you're getting further along."

"It's still bothersome." You mumbled. "I'm still not that far along. I just don't feel great."

"I'm sorry. Can I do anything to make you feel better?" She asked as her lips softly brushed against your neck.

"Yes. You can stop kissing me and give me a little room to breathe!" You frustratingly said. "Give me some space."

She couldn't deny that your harsh tone shattered her heart a little.

"Why are you so clingy with me? You know I don't feel well!" You spoke as you stood up.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm not trying to be clingy. I don't mind giving you space if you need it because I know you feel unwell. I'm just trying to help. I love you."

"I love you too but you can seriously get annoying sometimes. If I want you to help, I'll tell you. If I don't, then leave me alone!" You yelled.

You got up and hurried upstairs as Scarlett returned to the stove so the food wouldn't burn.

She ran her hands across her face with a groan.

"Don't take it personally, Scarlett. It's not your fault. She's just pregnant." She mumbled to herself.

She finished the food and then sat at the table with two plates, hoping that you'd come back sooner or later and try to eat a little.

And just a few minutes later, she heard your footsteps as you came back.

"Scarlett?"

"Yes, baby?" She said as she poked at her food with her fork.

"I'm so sorry for what I said and for how I spoke to you. I guess another part of pregnancy has arrived."

She chuckled before looking at you.

"Thank you for being so amazing. You always take such great care of me and the baby and you're so sweet to try and make me feel better. I'm sorry for everything. It was so uncalled for. You didn't deserve it at all."

"I forgive you, my love." She smiled before pulling out the chair beside her. "I know you don't feel well but you can join me if you want to. I'd love to have my babies sitting with me."

"You made an extra plate?"

"I did." She said.

"Thank you." You spoke as you sat beside her. "I can't promise I'll eat a lot but I'll try."

"It's okay. I'm just happy you're okay and that you're here with me. I know pregnancy hasn't been easy for you so far but I promise it'll be worth it and, no matter what, I'm not going anywhere."

"Even when I say mean things to you? Even though I don't mean it."

"But I know you don't mean it. So yes, always." She assured and kissed your cheek softly. "Now try to eat a little."

"Okay. Thank you." You happily said and began to eat a few bites, so grateful for your caring and understanding wife.