BE MY WINGS

A/N: Enjoy ꨄ︎ Votes/Reviews are so appreciated.

°:. *₊ ° . ☆  

"Anakin, duck!"

He dropped into a crouch before her lips formed the words, a blur of blue fire that sizzled through the humid air. Followed was the stench of cauterized circuitry, the tang of ozone hitting the buds of her tongue as the elongated head of a battle droid sparked and rolled off its spindly body.

Blaster fire rang out, ion detonators scourging the grounds as grit and debris congested the air. The two resumed their charge, Anakin throwing up one gloved hand in a force push that shoved a dozen droids onto their backs with an audible clank!

"Show off," she shouted with a snarky grin, just as they barely dodged twin laser cannons off a Hyena-class bomber spearing the skies.

"Better to save that arse than have it charred!" he shouted before catapulting himself into the air with a powerful swell of the Force. Slashing the droideka that rolled into their midst with a mighty sweep of his plasmic blade.

He truly was like a god of the skies.

Skywalker.

"Anakin..." she heard the name slip past her lips like a coveted whisper. Her eyes flew open, suddenly wide awake and alert. A habitual habit since the start of the Clone Wars. The Battle of Ryloth remained fresh in her mind after the countless lives that had been lost. Twi'Leks, Jedi and clone troopers alike. Since, sleep evaded her, allowing no more than a few hours before she was awake again.

Sighing she slipped out of the too-starched sheets—she'd have a word with the cleaning droids since it made her skin itch—and from her room. Barefoot, the carpeted halls muffled her footsteps as she passed through the northwest wing. Private living quarters for Jedi signed on to longer missions such as herself.

She didn't bother arranging her long hair in any form, aware very few remained due to the Separatists at war with the Republic. The Battle of Geonosis had merely been the precursor. Now, thousands of Jedi were spread across planetary systems battling the same war she was enveloped in. Three cycles remained before she was off again on another assignment.

Hoth, by Grandmaster Yoda's askance.

She threaded a hand through the long waves of copper. It had grown exponentially in the last several months, nearly reaching her waist now. Yet she couldn't bring herself to cut it. It was the one piece of vanity she coveted. The one thing she was in control of.

The mezzanine halls of tranquility, reflected the passages of time in a harmonious balance. Veering towards a room partitioned from the public, it was specifically sectioned off for their private use alone. She suspected it was Grandmaster Yodas way of giving the Jedi in this wing some semblance of peace. To meditate. To regain what had been stolen in the heat of warfare. To remember who they were as peace keepers at their core.