Before You Read

Updates will drop on Monday and Thursday ACDT (Australian Central Daylight Savings Time) at midnight.

This is a dark, angsty, fantasy romance. These are not the fairies of your childhood. They are dark and dirty, and sooner kill you as love you. They might even kill you because they fell in love with you. They do nothing unless it suits them, and they will steal your heart.

Do not read if you don't like morally grey males claiming what's theirs, a sassy heroine with nothing to lose, complicated love stories full of passion and dirty words, or your faeries tall, dark and dangerous.

This story was created and written for my PhD research project. It has been an epic labour of love and madness, and I absolutely adore everything about it.

My plot and premise stems from my burgeoning interest in morally grey Young Adult/crossover Romance characters and my obsession with traditional Celtic – in particular, Irish – fae. I have incorporated an engagement in darker/bully romances as well as my research on sex in Young Adult fiction to craft a story that I hope not only highlights my research but also makes for a darned good story.

In reading Bad Fae, please be aware that all the characters are morally ambiguous, sexually fluid, and while a YA/NA story there are multiple sexual interests for the main character. While not considered cheating by the characters, you may have different feelings. Proceed with caution. Most of the sexual scenes are more of the fade to black nature, though there is some more explicit-like material occasionally. There is also some swearing.

There is violence, magic, secret heritages, and a slow-burn enemies-to-lovers romance that will end with a HFN in this book. Further books in the series will complete all arcs begun in this one.

Contains possible triggers.

The book is set in a dystopian bastardised version of Western Europe, but is written using Australian English. This will affect the spelling, grammar and syntax you may be used to. It might come across as typos, awkward sentences, poor grammar, or missed/wrong words. In the majority of cases (I won't claim it's infallible as it's not had a proper edit),this is intentional and just an Aussie way of speaking (it took my US beta readers a bit to get used to). I can't say 'the' Aussie way, since we seem to differ even within the same state. Just think of us as a weird mix of British and US vernacular and colloquialisms, but with our own randomness thrown in. I still hope you enjoy it, though!

Merchandise will available from my website: www.elizabethstevens.com.au

There are four books planned in the eventual series, with plenty of room for expansion!