Chapter 2

In the middle of the night, Eunbyeol got a call from the hospital saying there was a accident and the patient has been stuck into a iron rod near his heart.

She quickly got up, changed her attire and rushed towards the hospital after informing the guard about her departure. 

It wasn't the first time she received a call from the hospital in the middle of the night. She was the best surgeon and Cardiologist in whole Seoul so she was habitual to these emergency call in the middle of the night, on her birthday, in between her spending some quality time with her family and friend's.

But did she complain? nah. She knew she signed up for this when she made the decision to be doctor. She loves her job and the satisfaction and happiness she gets after saving a life. 

She reached the hospital in 10 minutes and went in. She put on her scrubs and went in the operating suite guided by a nurse. She went in and saw the patient she immediately knew that the surgery wasn't going to be easy.

The iron rod was stuck really badly in the man's chest, just below his heart. Blood was continuously oozing out of his chest. His heartbeat and pulse was slow too. She immediately ordered the nurses what to do and got to her job.

After 3 hour's she came out of the operating suit. She was immediately rushed by what she assumed was patients father. She told him that the patient is fine and will be under the observation.

The old man thanked her and Eunbyeol nodded and made her way towards her office. 

She removed her mask and threw it in the dustbin. Then went in the bathroom attached to her office, removed her scrubs, took a shower and  washed all the blood she got on herself during the surgery and changed into the previous clothes she came in.

She went out of the bathroom and made her way towards her desk. she looked at the time and it was already 5:30. She signed and kept her arms on the table and her head on her arms, then closed her eyes hoping to catch some of her sleep before her shift in the morning, at 9. 

After waking up at 8:45, she again took a bath and wore fresh pair of clothes. well her office practically was her home. She was spending more time in her office and the operating suit than her own home. After getting ready she looked through all the appointments she had today.

"Guess I wont be free till 6. Its okay though one hour is more than enough to get ready and arrive at the dinner on time " she mumbled to herself. 

She had 6 appointments and 3 surgeries scheduled today. The surgeries will be even more than 2 hours each. She sighed and was about to go get some breakfast for herself when she got a call from her mother. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Eomma"

"Hey. Heard you again got called for emergency. How was it? was it bad?" 

"It was bad but the patient is fine now."

"Okay and don't forget to have your breakfast alright. I know you had a shift at 9 so eat breakfast and then continue your work"

"How do you always know what is in my, oppa's and those brat's schedule?"

"I am your mother darling. I know everything. alright now take care I will hang up. Bye"

"Bye Eomma"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------