=4=

As the two of them walked Kanato found out a lot about Serena and where she came from as well as how come she was the mentor of a vampire. Kanato felt a bit odd for asking her so many questions and for her to know so much about him for her not to ask those questions back at him. Once they got to a graveyard Kanato looked to her curiously.

"Is there a reason we are here?"

"I'm here to see my parents." She said as she went over to a big grave stone that had both of her parents names engraved into it.

"How did they die?" Kanato asked

"I killed them...When I was ten years old my father told me the truth behind my birth. I was a mistake, I'm cursed to be the death of my family name and apparently I can't do anything about it. My mother tried to make him stop but instead she made it worse, I was so pissed off at both of them for hiding it from me and saying such horrible things that I killed them." Serena said as she clenched her hands tightly before she looked to him.

Kanato looked to her sympathetically. "That must be hard to deal with."

She then started to laugh. "Are you kidding me? because of them I was able to finally get respected by my siblings. Mind you they didn't like the fact that my hands were in flames as they were trying to calm me down." She said as she continued to laugh.

"Serena..." Kanato said as he placed his hands on her shoulders after he placed his teddy down. "Calm yourself."

"How can I?! my whole existence shouldn't even be and you want me to be calm about this?! Do you even realize what you are asking of me?! I've been treated like utter shit since the day I learned how to write my own name! No one cared about me no one even took a second glance at me because of how I am. All demons have light color hair and eyes of the sun. Not me...I look more like some stupid mortal than a damn demon! All because I'm a damn female!" Serena said angered as she looked him straight in the eyes.

He didn't like how she was talking so badly about herself so he pulled her closely to him and he bit her neck which not only calmed her but shut her up as well. She winced in pain as she felt him drink from her. After he was done drinking from her he licked his lips and he then kissed her on the lips as he held her chin within his hand.

"I don't care about all that crap, I care about you accepting yourself. So what if you aren't like your siblings, you know that I'm nothing like those I lived with. I look more like my mother than my father, the only trait I got from my father was the vampirism from him nothing else. But you don't see me raging on about it." He said softly to her

She looked to him sadly before she started to tear up and hug him tightly.

Kanato hugged her and calmed her down before the two of them continued to walk together until the sun started to come up. Serena started to say goodnight to him but he only held her close to him and kissed her on the lips again before he pulled her into the room that he was given. He then had her take her shoes off as he took his off before he wrapped his arms around her keeping her close to him as the two of them slept as day started to arise.

As they slept Kanato had a dream again, this time it was about what to do about the choice he made without thinking. He saw in his dream that if Malta knew about the two of them that she'd kill Serena before him and that she'd force him to be with her. The dream he also saw shadowy figures with voices that sounded like his own brother's, which confused him. When he woke up he saw that Serena was still asleep but she was crying in her sleep, as well as her hands flinted as if something within her dreams was pissing her off.

He didn't like way she was acting in her sleep. so he woke her up. As he did she jumped slightly and almost hit him before she realized that it was him and not her eldest brother. She frowned and tackled him over into a tight hug as she cried.

"I'm so-so sorry Kanato!" She said sadly

"Nightmares can do a lot to a person I'm not surprised you did what you did. Tell me what was your nightmare about?" He asked as he rubbed her back softly

"M-My big brother...the eldest, he...He used Malta to break us apart just so it'd be just him and my other brother's around. I...In my dream I had fought him off as well as my other brothers, but it wasn't enough. Because men are so much stronger than women demons they over powered me and I almost died if you didn't wake me." She said as she cried while she held on to his shirt tightly

"You don't have to worry about a thing Serena, I'm not letting anyone ever take you away from me." He said as he made her be back first on the bed. "Even though this is more than a bit fast Serena, there's only one way I know how to make it so you and I stay together...if you allow me to."

Serena's eyes went wide and she blushed deep red. "A-Are you sure you want to do something like that with me? I...I-I'm not the best person out there Kanato."

He kissed her and pulled her closer to him making the gap between them lessen greatly. "I don't care about that, I care that you and I shouldn't have to worry about things like someone splitting us apart because of some stupid rule. If we were back in my time you wouldn't have to deal with this at all."

She then thought for a moment before she grinned at him. "Do you wish to go home?"

He rose an eyebrow at her. "What a stupid question of course I do."

She pushed him down only to get up and place her boots on. "Then get your shoes on I think I know a way I can get us both there but you have to trust me."

He nodded his head and he placed his shoes on before they went back to the library where Serena was first kissed by Kanato. The circle where he had come out of was outlined. Serena held his hand as she placed her energy into the circle only for the portal to open up again. As it did she pulled him with her into it before the two of them fell on to a balcony. She saw that the portal was still opened so she closed it before she was pushed against the wall and kissed. She kissed him back as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Thank you for this...Thank you for risking yourself to bring me back here." Kanato said softly to her

"Of course, anything for you Kanato." She said with a smile as the rings around their wrists were now off of them which made her sigh in relief. "The Rules of my family no longer bound us, as long as I am here with you I cannot be touched."

"You aren't going anywhere Serena, you are staying right here...with me." He said before he realized that he didn't have his teddy with him.

Serena knew the look in his eyes and she pointed to the floor next to her. He looked to where she pointed to see his teddy, he quickly got it from the ground which made her smile. "So tell me Kanato, how are you going to keep Laito and your brother's from me?" Serena asked curiously

"I'm going to tell them straight out that you are mine, if they even think about touching you they are going to be hurt severely." He said seriously.