three

dead people receive more flowers
than living ones,
because regret is stronger
than gratitude.

                                  ⏤ Anne Frank

The return to the Dragomir Mansion had been painful, both physically and mentally, and tiring.

It was strange to enter the Mansion that very Friday, January the 13th of 2012, and have all of the Dragomir's staff bow and curtsy to Mira, not like they'd done during her entire life, but rather much like they'd done to her grandfather and father.

It made her almost sick to her stomach.

"Welcome home Princesses, Miss Hathaway." The Head Maid, a Non-Royal Moroi named Aerica Mayers, told her. Mira glanced at Grant, who was carrying her bags. Grant nodded softly at her and Mira turned back to the Head Maid and gave her a weak smile.

"We moved Princess Lissa's room to the ground floor until her leg heals." Aerica informed as everyone. Lissa groaned in annoyance but nodded, following after a maid that took her to her new, temporary room, with Rose following close behind, much like Grant had been doing with Mira.

"Princess, we-" Aerica started but was cut off by Mira saying "I'm not changing rooms, it's-it's too soon and I have no need for it."

It was clear that, besides Mira, no one had really wanted to enter the untouched rooms of the late family members, as everyone nodded with relief clear in their faces. Mira turned for the stairs for only one moment before turning back to her family's household members.

"The funeral will be this weekend and the coronation will be sometime next week. I want you to take personal time to grief after the funeral, you've been with us for longer than I can remember and you deserve to grieve." Mira's voice shook as she spoke but there was intense emotion. "That includes you Grant, along with every Guardian that has been working for us, we'll stay at Court for as long as it's needed."