four

To become a 𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖊𝖓,
you have to give up
playing the 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔.

                                                ⏤ unknown

People dealt with grief in different ways, some drank, some cried, some turned to anger others to sexual gratification, and some let grief consume them. There were also people who allowed themselves to go through all of the stages of grief normally without allowing it to consume them.

Mira spent so much time alternating between the first four stages constantly, 'shock and denial'; 'pain and guilt'; 'anger and bargaining'; and 'depression' that most events passed her by. She would close herself off in Andre's room for days, refusing to come out or letting anyone in, refusing meals, and blood.

The funeral procession to the Main Church of the Dominion from the Dragomir Mansion was a blur to the new Heir of the Dragomir Family, her baby blue eyes had been trained on the carriage that carried Andre's coffin with tears falling silently down her cheeks. 

Out of the remaining two, Lissa would end up having more memories of the funeral than her older sister. Sitting in front of Mira, Lissa had been able to see how spaced out her older sister was, how an absolute shell of herself and sunken she looked.

It shocked her how different Mira looked, how the refusal to eat anything, to drink any blood, how the absence of any form of artificial light had made her look almost Strigoi in that moment. Even if she was wearing make-up to cover up her sunken features and blood-shot eyes, the eldest member of the Dragomir family, looked nothing like she used to prior to the accident.

Rose sat by Lissa, her dark eyes shifting from the crowd that they passed by, to Mira, to the crowd on the other side, to Lissa only to redo the process all over again. How the one day back home without having an IV attached to her body giving her blood and the nutrients she needed to survive was truly shocking.

The arrival at the Church was televised for those that could not make it for the funeral, many cameras attempted to take pictures of the survivors getting out of the carriage but due to Lissa needing to be transfered to a wheelchair, the entrance of the church was covered.