Chapter Thirty-Two

It was only a few short days at the hospital before the family returned home. They were working to fall into their own little routine, though Rosa was mostly in control of that. Thankfully, she was a fairly good sleeper, though they'd learned quickly that she liked to be touched until she fell asleep.

Ava was immensely grateful for Sebastian, Luca, and Georgetta. Thankfully, she was producing more milk than Rosa could eat so she was able to pump and have them help with feedings.

Sebastian had had to meet his trainer for a gym session so now Ava sat on the couch with Luca, who was carefully feeding Rosa a bottle.

"Good job, papito," she praised as she watched.

"Thank you, mama," Luca said proudly. He had cried when he first met his little sister and had always wanted to be near her since. "I like helping with Rosa."

"I'm glad you do," she replied sweetly, reaching out to brush a bit of his hair out of his face. "Have you been sleeping okay? I know school starts again soon and you need to have enough rest."

Luca shrugged. "Sometimes Rosa wakes me up. But she's just a baby, I know she doesn't understand."

Ava leaned in and pressed a kiss against Luca's forehead. "You're such a good big brother," she told him warmly, giving him a gentle squeeze as she heard the front door open.

"I'm home!" Sebastian called happily. He stepped in the door and sat his gym bag on the floor for a moment so he could take off his tennis shoes.

"How was your workout?" Ava asked as she peered back over her shoulder. "Lift many heavy things?"

With a laugh, Sebastian walked in from the kitchen, still sweaty from his workout. "I did. Ran a bit too."

"No dad bod in the cards for you right now, huh?" she asked with a teasing grin.

Sebastian raised a teasing eyebrow at Ava. "Not quite," he smirked.

"Oh no, I'm so disappointed," she replied with a playful wink. She sat up a little from her position on the couch. "Luca has been such a wonderful helper while you were gone."

"I'm glad," Seb smiled. He reached out to ruffle Luca's hair. "I'm gonna take a shower, will you three be okay?"

"We will," Luca assured as Rosa finished her bottle. "Mami, can you do the burping?" He asked.

Ava nodded gently before reaching out to take the baby from him. "Si, papito," she agreed as Sebastian disappeared into the bedroom.

Sebastian yawned as he shut the bedroom door behind him and stripped off his shirt and put it in the hamper, then he shed his shorts and boxers before walking into the ensuite bathroom to prepare the shower.

As Ava placed Rosa over her shoulder, she didn't have enough time to place the burp cloth before the baby spit up all over her blouse. "Oh geez, and down my shirt too," she groaned with a small laugh.

"Okay, come with Mama while we go change," she said, standing up and carrying Rosa with her into the bedroom.

Hearing the door open, Sebastian ducked his head out of the bathroom door to see Ava. "Everything okay?"

"Si," Ava sighed. "Just changing after a small eruption," she explained, setting Rosa down in her bassinet so she could pull her top off.

Sebastian chuckled. "I'll be out in a bit, okay?"

"Okay," she agreed distractedly, her focus more on changing so that she could continue to burp Rosa. Once she was changed, she left the bedroom again and sat back in the rocking chair they'd put out in the living room.