28.

Scarlet 

"Look who made it to breakfast." Theo grinned as Scarlet sat down next to Declan, across from Theo, Blade, Drae, and Enz. She had a strong feeling Mattheo wouldn't be joining them this morning. "How hungover are you?"

Scarlet groaned, dropping her head on the table. "Too hungover."

Since the moment she woke up this morning, she has had a raging headache and it hadn't gotten better since her shower like it normally would.

"Are you going to make out with Leila again today?" Enzo snickered.

Scarlet looked up at him, slapping the back of his head, making a sentence full of curse words fall out of his mouth.

"T-Trackback for a second," Theo stuttered, his eyes wide as he looked between Leila and Scarlet. "You two made out last night?"

Leila laughed, stealing a piece of bacon off Kylo's plate as Scarlet sat up and opened her mouth to answer him, but Enz opened his big mouth before she could talk.

"It was so hot, bro," Enzo breathed, glancing between Leila and Scarlet with lust in his eyes. "Scar stole Lei away from Ky after they made out and then she started making out with Lei. It was so fucking good."

"You're a pig," Leila said, fake shuddering.

"You kissed Leila?" Theo asked in a cold tone, but what shocked Scarlet was that he was asking Ky. Not her.

This could end really fucking bad.

Declan protectively wrapped an arm around Leila's waist, pulling her closer to him as Kylo sat up straighter, staring at only Theo. The both of them stared at each other for a long moment while the rest of them stayed silent.

"You two might as well pull out a ruler and measure who has the biggest ego because you're both acting like idiots," Leila stated, leaning her head on Declan's shoulder. "I made out with Kylo. I made out with Scar. So, fucking what? I'm single and can do as I please. Next time, make a move faster."

"I can arrange that," Enzo slyly remarked and both Drae and Blade slapped him on the back of the head.

"I should've stayed in bed," Scarlet mumbled, taking a bite out of her toast as Ky looked away from her brother and Declan moved his hand away from Leila's waist.

"Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?"

The eight of them looked around confused and the Great Hall went quiet as they all heard two people starting to raise their voices just outside.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices."

Scarlet quickly stood up with Leila and grabbed her hand, the both of them hurrying out with students before they stopped at the sight of Professor Umbridge and Professor McGonagall arguing on the stairs.

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." 

Scarlet looked at her own hand which was now scarred. Potter must have told Professor McGonagall what happened in detention and if she hadn't spoken to Scarlet or Leila by now then that meant he didn't rat them out.

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods."

Scarlet looked up from her hand and noticed the sadness on Professor McGonagall's face. She truly loved her students.

"I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension the Minister himself. I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty."

"You shouldn't have stopped me when I was gonna hit her," Leila mumbled, squeezing her hand.

Scarlet nodded her head, agreeing as Professor McGonagall took a step down as if she had taken a blow, both physically and mentally. "Disloyalty," she scoffed in disbelief.

Umbridge took a step up and faced the crowding students, causing Scarlet to roll her eyes as Leila groaned in annoyance. "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action." She turned away from them and walked off and slowly everyone else started to walk away too.

"Wait," Enzo said as Scarlet faced back to the boys with Leila. "Why and when the fuck was Lei gonna hit Umbridge?"

"Oh shit," Leila whispered, giving Scarlet a look.

"Uh," Scarlet drawled, looking at Enz and then her brother who looked between Lei and her, skeptically. "So, you see, the bitch in pink kind of scarred my hand—"

"She what?" Theo bellowed, snatching both her hands and looking at them. "I'm gonna kill her," he gritted out, dropping her hands and storming away.

Scarlet quickly chased after him, grabbing his arm and turning him around to look at her with anger dancing on his facial features. "It's okay," she assured him. "Leila handled it for me. There's no need for you to get expelled when there's no reason to."

"No one hurts you, Scarlet. No one," he said, his tone harder than she had heard it since the night he punched Riddle.

"I know," she mumbled, pulling him back toward the group. "Which is why I didn't tell you sooner."

"I take it you won't be hitting Umbridge?" Drae asked Theo as the siblings stopped beside him. "I was looking forward to that."

"I don't hit girls," Theo snapped, sending a warning look to all the boys. "None of us hit girls."

"I feel like I just got scolded by my father," Drae mumbled.

"So do I, and mine's dead," Leila casually said, and they all shook their heads. "If anyone can make the dead father joke, it's me. You were meant to laugh."

"I mean, Enz and I could make it too. Fatherless behavior and all," Blade said and this time Lei burst out laughing with Enz.

"I have no words," Deezy muttered, throwing his arm over Leila's shoulder and walking her away with Kylo.