37.

"Hey guys," Scarlet greeted the boys as she sat down beside Blade in the Great Hall, back at Hogwarts.

After Leila left them for good at the Malfoy Manor, Kylo took off with Declan and Mattheo. Drae got in a fight with his parents which resulted in him staying with Theo and Scarlet until they got back to Hogwarts. Scarlet spent Christmas crying into Theo's chest as Drae silently watched the fireplace in her room. Blade apparently hadn't spoken a word to his mother and Enz decided to stay with some random girl for the rest of the break. Basically, no one was talking with their parents.

"Hey, Scar," Enz quietly greeted her, glancing over at Kylo every few seconds.

Scarlet looked over to see Kylo staring at his plate full of food that hadn't been touched. She hadn't ever seen his cheekbones so defined and the bags under his eyes so dark.

With the way Kylo looked, she guessed he hadn't heard from Leila even though Declan informed them that she returned the car in the dead of night.

"Is she here?" Scarlet quietly asked the group and all of them shook their heads as Declan sighed, putting his head down.

"I don't think Leila is returning to school."

Scarlet looked over her shoulder to see Potter standing behind her with a letter in hand. Blade stood up with Mattheo, both of them staunching Potter. "What do you want?" Mattheo sneered.

Potter put his hands up in defense. "I'm not here to start drama, only to deliver a letter Leila wanted Scarlet to have," he explained, sending her an alarming look.

Kylo shot his head up at the mention of Leila and Scarlet sighed, shoving Blade back down as she stood up. "Thanks, Potter," she mumbled, taking the letter from him as he gave me a nod and walked away.

"Why the fuck would she give him a letter?" Kylo scoffed, glaring at the back of Potter's head.

Scarlet ignored him, sitting back down and opening the letter without a care for the envelope that ripped away. She unfolded the paper and started to read it out loud.

Scarlet,

I honestly don't know what to write. I don't even know where my head is right now but what I do know is that you guys must hate me. I can't even blame any of you, especially Drae and Ky.

I'm sorry for leaving how I did but it's what is right. As long as I'm away from you guys, then only I will be harmed. I don't know what I would do with myself if any of you got hurt.

There's a high chance I won't be returning to Hogwarts, but if I choose to come back, please stay away from me. I hate to ask you all for that, but it's what I wish and what's right.

You may see me around with a few people you don't approve of, and I know you will all be furious but I'm doing what I need to do in order to stay away.

Please, all of you stay safe. I love you guys, this is goodbye.

Leila.

With shaky hands, Scarlet slowly put the letter down with a few tear drops falling onto the paper.

"That's it?" Theo questioned across from his sister. "Surely there's more. Does she say where she is?"

"She doesn't want us around," Enz said, pushing his plate away. "She thinks she's protecting us."

"But she's really not," Declan mumbled. "If you told her what Voldemort said, then she wouldn't leave us," he said to Drae.