Memories

"Brother?" Natsu whispers.

"So you finally regained your memories?" Zeref asked, but Natsu just stood there, shocked from the sudden realization.

"And I'm assuming you remember why you were created?" Zeref continued. This time Natsu nodded slowly, to put an end to your life he thought to himself.

"Now, there's been a little change in my plans. I have learned that yearning for death would be a complete waste of my power. With magic like mine, I can control the world; that is exactly what I seek. Come my little brother, join me."

Natsu goes back to those memories where he could only remember being happy with Zeref, his brother who he use to look up to.

Flashback

"Onii-chan!" six year old Natsu calls out as he runs to catch up with his brother.

"Where are you going?"

"Just going to the forest to hunt for food," Zeref replies.

"I want to come too."

"You're too young, mom won't let you."

"But I want to go too! I want to hunt with you!" Natsu whined. Zeref sighs as he looks at his little brother pouting.

"Fine, but don't tell mom okay?"

"Okay!" Natsu replies beaming, and with that said, they headed out to the forest. They walked through the dense forest killing a rabbit or bird along the way. Natsu was extremely pleased when he successfully shot a small rabbit, and got a complement from his brother. As dawn draws near, the two brothers began their walk home laughing.

End of Flashback

Natsu looks at the dark wizard, his words echoing in Natsu's mind. Join me. But when he looks into Zeref's pitch black eyes, not a hint of kindness or familiarity lingered. This was not the caring brother that he had remembered.

"No," Natsu answers firmly.