Chapter 6: Peek of Brutality

Who would have thought that the journey to Sansabel Town would be the longest journey in their lives? How many hours had passed since the five entered the hidden tunnel? With every step carefully taken, it would seem to be an eternity. Everyone was trying their best to not make a sound as they shuffled on the wooden floor because if they did, they would be discovered by the vampires above them. They weren't sure if it was a foe or an ally so they decided to not use their speed, not talk, no nothing, just to be on the safe side.

Secret underground routes were built in every town for the purpose of escaping invasion but only the patriarch and matriarch knew about it to avoid assassination. However, it's safe to say that Jessie was an exception since she could communicate and command any type of animal, thus she was able to learn the location of the underpass. Well, the rats can be nosy too.

*plop plop*

Step after step, the five vampires, who were covered in red substances, successfully reached the end of the tunnel without alerting anyone. In front of them was what seemed to be the only way out— a vertical ladder with a safety cage around it. Raising a hand, Lily pointed to herself, gesturing that she would climb first then she pointed to Jessie telling her to follow suit and Anna to be the last one. The ladies nodded, acknowledging that they understood the idea.

The five started ascending. When Lily reached the top, she noticed that there was a security gate that was sealed with a C-type padlock.

'One way to die in an invasion.' She thought.

Using one of her hands, she gave Jessie a signal that she would pull the lock which the latter immediately understood, giving Lily a sign to wait and then asking her if she could see anything above.

Lily peeked through the tiny gaps of the security gate and was greeted by rats, backing her head away before mouthing 'rats' to Jessie. The latter motioned to pull the lock in the count of three. Thankfully, they knew how communication works.

Counting one, two, three, “Gwich.”

*clang*

Lily pulled the padlock, creating a loud noise but was covered up by hundreds of squeaking sounds from the long-tailed rodents above them.

Good thing Lily didn't push the security gate right away because two vampires rushed in, checking the area. “These damn rats!”

*bones cracking*

One sound of stomping sound after another. Lily looked at Jessie. The latter's eyes were shut and she was biting her lip so hard– it almost bleeds, as she grips on the ladder strongly, the metal crippled like paper in her hands. Sharon poked her butt twice, bringing her back to earth, just in time before the ladder was split into two. Her strength was no joke.

“Can you smell that?” A man raised a question, sniffing the air. He walked so close to the security gate disguised as a drainage, still sniffing like a dog. “It smells like a dead animal.”

Lily was ready to pounce if he locates them but then another man spoke, “Moron! You just massacred those rats! What do you expect the smell to be?! Flowers?!”

“Tsk, whatever. Let’s get out of here.”

When the coast was clear, Lily pushed the security gate open then they all climbed out.

Jessie stared at the lifeless creatures mashed on the floor, clenching her hands into a tight ball— furious was an understatement. Since they still cannot talk, Sharon and Rosie tapped her shoulder, expressing their sympathy.

*THUD*

“P-please... h-help me~” They heard a faint voice coming from somewhere within the eighty-foot radius of their hearing ability.

And it was as if Rosie knew what Jessie would do. “J--” She covered her mouth before she could say a word. In times like this, all of them hope that they have the power of telepathy because not being able to say anything sucks.

'Wait a minute!' The four vampires' eyes bulged, realizing something. They glanced at each other, thinking to themselves, 'Can it be her?'

“P-please... a-anyone.”

Hurrying to where the faint voice was coming from, the five ladies encountered vampires that were patrolling the cellar. However, these guards weren't prepared to see uninvited guests popping right in front of their faces because the poor things didn't even have the chance to react as Lily and Rosie took their lives.

“JACKSON! WHERE DID YOU GO AGAIN?! YOU MORON!” It was the same man earlier, coming down the stairs. The five ladies hide behind the concrete post. “Shit! What happened here?!” The man bent down, checking the dead bodies on the floor.

Rosie didn't waste the chance when the man turned his back away from their direction. She immediately lifted Lily, sending her flying to his location— one way of saving her sister if anything happened.

The princess landed behind him, alerting him of her presence. “Who’s there?!” Turning around, Lily gave him a warm smile before she pierced his chest with her hand, grabbing his heart and ripping it out, killing him instantly.

Footsteps and a lot of footsteps can be heard above.

“Dang! I think they know they have company.” Anna said. “Plus I wonder what punishment Rosie’s gonna get.” She grinned, teasingly. Rosie's eyes widened. She totally forgot Anna's pledge that made the king agree.

“Ah~ damn you! I thought I was your favorite.”

*THUD*

The sound of something heavy crashing to the ground was heard from above once again. The five ladies ran to the stairs, greeting the vampires with open arms.

“They’re too many... Everyone, if we reach the top, we should split up... Jessie, you look for your sister. Anna and Sharon, you two go with her.” Lily instructed.

The three nodded, “Okay.”

“Rosie, you come with me. I need your assistance.”

The blonde bobbed her head. “I guess we should just make that punishment worth it.”