Chapter 1 - The Man in the Corner

As I lay in bed, a strange figure materialized in my corner. It was vaguely humanoid, and seemed to be made entirely of shadow. It did nothing but stare, but felt malicious anyway.

Luckily, I had an idea.

I stood up and went over to the kitchen, then grabbed a pre-made plate of waffles and brought them back to my room.

"Hi there! I made some waffles. Want some?" I said.
The man in the corner tilted his head, confused. His hand reached out and gently placed his long, cold finger on my cheek.

"So do you want waffles or not?"
The man nodded and made a low humming noise. I gave him three waffles.
"If you need anymore, just ask," I said with a smile.

The man devoured the waffles within seconds, then stared at me and nodded, seeming happy. I gave him another waffle, which he happily devoured, but then he tilted his head, having an idea. He pointed toward the kitchen.

"Do you wanna make some waffles together?" I ask.
He nodded excitedly, smiling.
"I'd love to, let's go," I say in response.
The man walked out of the bedroom.

When I got to the kitchen, I pulled the ingredients necessary from the cabinet and began making waffles. I also gave the man a little hat.

"Is it alright if I call you Jeremy?" I ask the man. He nodded. He seemed happy to watch me cook.
"Would you like to taste the batter? It's perfectly fine to eat and tastes pretty good."
Jeremy nodded, and I gave him some batter to try. His face seemed to light up.

"I'll be finished with the waffles soon! Would you like some chocolate chips in it too, or do you prefer plain?"
He nodded, clearly wanting chocolate chips. I poured a decent amount of chocolate chips into the batter.

After a few more minutes, the waffles were finished. I placed five chocolate chip waffles onto his plate. He consumed two of them within seconds, and seemed very happy. In a low voice, I heard him say "Thanks".

I gave him the rest of the waffles, as I wasn't too hungry at the time. He took them and quickly devoured them, then nodded and smiled.

"Are you tired, Jeremy? I can set up some comfy pillows for you, if you want."
Jeremy's eyes widened, clearly telling me that he would love that.

"Or, alternatively, I also have a guest room that you can stay in. The bed is quite comfy."
He nodded and said "If it's cozy, I would like to sleep in it."
"Okay, cool! I'll go get it set up," I said with a smile. He followed me to the guest bedroom.

I spent a couple minutes making the bed nice and comfy, then said "Go ahead, tell me what you think!"
The man laid down on the bed, getting as comfortable as possible. He muttered a small "Thank you very much" and drifted off to sleep.

I went back to my own bed and fell asleep, inspired with a new idea for an adventure: bringing joy to monsters with waffles.