Chapter 3 - Dragon

I decided to start making a list of all the creatures I planned to visit. After a few minutes, I had a decently long list with every creature I could think of, and the one at the top was a Dragon.

I had heard a lot of things about dragons. A lot of myths paint them as man-eating monsters, but others make them benevolent creatures with influence over nature.

Of course, it was more than likely that neither were true, as both weren't based on reality. I did a quick Google search on my phone to see what kinds of places dragons live in (although even Google might not be reliable, as it thinks dragons are fictional.)

After scrolling past an unbelievable amount of fictional stories with made up places where dragons live, I finally came across something sensible, which said that dragons live in mountains.

Lucky me, I was right near a mountain after my previous encounter with the Demon. I began to hike up, my backpack slowing me down a bit, but not a significant amount.

Almost out of breath, I finally reached the top of the mountain. Just like I thought, there was a Dragon. It didn't look very big, but it was at least the size of a tree. It had glittery white scales that I thought looked really cool.

The Dragon tilted its head and said, in a rather masculine voice, "What is your name?
Unfazed, I replied with "I'm Crowling! Want some waffles?" I held out a plate of chocolate chip waffles.

The Dragon smiled.
"Pleased to meet you, Crowling. And yes, I would love some waffles."
"They have chocolate chips in them, I hope you aren't allergic."
The Dragon chuckled.
"I am not allergic, Crowling. In fact, I love chocolate chips. They make the waffles even more delicious."
"Excellent!" I proclaimed, then handed the Dragon a plate.

The dragon gently took the plate with its claws, careful to not break it, and gave me a warm smile.
"Thank you, these look delicious."
The Dragon then took a bite and made a slightly audible purr noise.
"My goodness, they're perfect. You are a great chef, Crowling."

I smiled.
"I'm glad you like them! I'm on a quest to make all sorts of creatures happy by giving them waffles. It's going well so far."
The Dragon laughed.
"That's quite the admirable quest, Crowling. I too believe that all creatures, even 'evil' ones, deserve happiness, and what better way to do that than with waffles?"

I nodded in agreement.
"That's exactly my logic! Anyways, I'm off to the next creature in need. Enjoy your waffles!"
The Dragon waved to me as I walked away.
"Goodbye, Crowling. May your waffles bring much joy to the next creature."