say it

"You look so good in this dress. I could chew you up right now."

"Stupid. I'm in my father's house. If you try anything stupid, I'll get married too."

"Oh. Wow. Let's see. Who's that guy? He must be very lucky. Is it Cheshire?" I teased.

"I'm not sure there's just one Cheshire. There are many others."

"Ethan?" David called from the angle he was standing. He was discussing with a group of men and women but left them anyway.

"Good to see you, bro." We shared a homie hug.

"Couldn't have missed it for the world." I smiled.

"Everything good?" He moved with his eyes from me to where Emilia was talking to her mother and some guests.

I nodded. "Yeah. We thank God. We pulled through."

"I guess this one will be one of her biggest memories."

I didn't say anything about it. I tried to spin the bottle to point at him. "How about you, Dave? How's work?"

"Well," he sipped on the glass of champagne he was holding, "I'm doing well. Got a decent job last two weeks."

"That's great." I beamed.

"Art director."

"Woh. God is good!"

"Yeah. He is indeed," he smiled.

"Met Becca yet?"

"Nah."

"You should. Before the ceremony is over. She's full of emotions right now and could give you advice on anything you might need for your relationship."

I squinted my eyes. "Thanks, man. I will."

We shared another homie hug and he left to take care of other guests. When I spotted my mum, I made my way towards her. She was discussing with Lydia.

"Lydia. Hi."

"Oh, my Ethan. Your kid always steals occasions. He almost stole my daughter's wedding today with his smirks all over the place. Come here," we shared a hug.

"Maybe he should get married. So that he'll watch another man steal his wedding." My mother smiled at me. It melted my heart that she was happy.

"Well, nobody steals my shows." I boasted.

"Really? Emilia has a lot to teach you."

"And thanks for the cookies, Lydia. They were great."

"Can't wait to bake more for my daughter's children." She smiled.

"Huh?" I chuckled.

"What? Don't you see the beard on your chin?"

"That's not an indicator, mum."

"Here you are," Emilia showed up out of nowhere, "flirting with all the fair maidens of this occasion. Excuse me, mums, this criminal gotta pay for his crimes." She grabbed my arm and led me to the backyard.

"There you are," Tony sighed in defeat.

"What's going on?"

Emilia gave me a knowing look. "Are you or are you not the one who took my lipstick?"

I tried to stop myself from laughing but I couldn't. "I'm sorry."

She folded her arms. "You know that you've cost me 4 guests?"

"Because of a stick?"

"Wait." Elsa interrupted. "Are you also the one who took my mirror?"

I bit a laugh when I saw the expression on Tony's face.