again?

January was back in a flash, and I was again in the arms of my lover.

"I can take you places, you know."

"Drop me!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs whilst kicking my legs in the air. The other two laughed.

We had our first double date of the year and the first since El and I came back from Brussels. We wanted to have some time to ourselves before we resumed school.

"Let's skate a little, shall we?"

"I'm going to smack you."

"Hello world, here's my love!" He shouted and pulled us both in the snow.

We laughed as I threw snowballs at him. When I wanted to throw him the giant snowball I made, he ran away.

Before leaving home, Ethan had worn me all the overalls of the world. It was difficult chasing him because of the weight on me. I would pant a lot after taking a few steps, like I was being pursued by a lion.

"I can't anymore. I'm not sure I can!" El pulled off her gloves in an attempt to feel her temperature. Tony helped her.

"I need coffee." I gazed in the sky.

"Let's get this princess some coffee." Ethan carried me bridal style and we all got out of the snow.

Not far from the place we were stargazing, we found a café. The boys took the direction of the cashier, and we took the direction for seats. When they finished, they sat.

I felt very drowsy and would yawn at odd moments. Ethan knew that I slept a lot when I was too warm to a fault, so he placed an ice cube on my hair. I didn't feel it until it melted and ran down my cheeks. I screamed while he laughed.

"I swear I need to have you well beaten."

"I'm sure you mean being my Valentine?" He wiggled his brows.

"It's too early," Tony complained. "Haven't even gotten any cash to get gifts for El."

"Wanna get her a house?"

"He wants to visit Bethlehem."

"Um. Sounds like a nice place to go."

The waitress came with the coffee orders.

"Uh, excuse me. My wife and I would like to have them with croissants." Ethan placed his arm around me. I watched Tony's expression. He smirked amusingly. With his arm already around El, I knew he would do something more.

"Mine, too." He whispered in her ear, causing her to blush.

"Alright. Be right back." She looked confused but went away.

Ethan's phone interrupted. On the caller ID, it was Shawna. He ignored it.

"Aren't you going to answer that?"

"No," he said bluntly.

"Why?"

"Because that's not what I want to do now."

"Then you're procrastinating. Because she'll keep calling. And no, you can't turn off your phone."

"Why?"

"What if Mom calls?"

After a lot of contemplation and ignoring her calls about thrice, he called back. He'd put the call on loudspeaker.

"Hi, E."

"Hey Shawn."

"I'm so sorry to bother you. I'm in a pool of trouble and I could use some help."