I.II Hogwarts

I've heard from Steve how beautiful the first ride to the castle is. I haven't spoken to Steve in over a year now. Sometimes we write, but we have to be very careful. We don't want a repeat from a couple of months ago. My parents saw his owl bringing me a birthday gift and we've never heard from Missy, his owl again. That was the last time we've spoken. He must have been so devastated. Steve is my cousin who's one year older than me. My mother Evalyn and his mother Arabella are sister and always were very close. They both got sorted in Slytherin, but their strong bond was broken fast when Arabella fell in love with a Hufflepuff. A couple of years later they got married and Evalyn should have been the maid of honor, only she never showed up. This was the moment that Arabella realized that her sister only cared about blood status. A few years later she heard from a friend that Evalyn got married to a well known rich man.

When i was born she tried to reconnect with my mother and it worked out for a couple of years. Both wanting to reconnect for different reasons. Arabella never wanted to fight with her sister. After all they only had eachother. She wanted a family for her son and wanted to be there for me. Evalyn wanted to make sure Steve didn't and up like his parents, not wanting another filthy blood traitor in the family. But that ended fast when he was sorted into Hufflepuff. All the contact was broken with them and the punishments were harsh if i tried to contact them.

But now it would be all different. Both of us being at Hogwarts together. Being able to talk, laugh and be a family. To this day i find it weird that i wasn't being send to a different school, so i could never contact him, never be a family. But when i asked i got the answer 'it's all for the bigger picture. You'll know in a couple of years'.

"Wow" Ron says. "it's bloody awesome". I look outside the window and see the most beautiful view i've ever seen in my whole life. We've arrived at the trainstation. "Right then. first years, this way please" I hear a man say. "come on now first years, dont be shy". We walk towards the front. "Hello Harry" A very big man says. "Hey, Hagrid" Harry replied. Ron looks Hagrid up with an open mouth "Whoa you a-" Ron starts to say but i give him a quick shove with my elbow before he finish his sentence. "Right then, this way to the boats. Come on. Follow me". We follow the half-giant to the boats and i climb in first with Harry and Ron. I look up and see the dark castle which i can call my home for the next 7 years.

We walk through Hogwarts to the great hall. "This is awesome" I say to Hermione. "I've read a lot of things about Hogwarts, but it's nothing compared then actually being here" Hermione says. We look at eachother and laugh. "This is going to be amazing" I say. We stop in front of an older Woman.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates but before you can take your seats. 'you must be sorted into your houses.' They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Now while youre here your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." The woman is telling us before being interrupted by a boy. "Trevor" He yells, while diving towards a frog. "Thats the frog you were looking for?" I ask Hermione. She gives me a quick nod. "The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts" The annoying blond boy says. "This is Crabbe and Goyle. And i'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy". "Think my name's funny, do you? I've no need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley. You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better then others, Potter" Malfoy says while looking at Ron and giving me a glare. "You don't wanna go making friends with wrong sorts. I can help you there" "I think i can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks" Harry says and the older woman comes back.

"We're ready for you now. Follow me" She says. The doors open to the great hall and i see 4 long tables. I look up and see the ceiling is enchanted. "That looks amazing" I tell Hermione. "It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky" She says. "Wasn't that explainend in the book 'Hogwarts, A History." I ask her. "You've read the book to?" she asks. I nod. "We are going to be such good friends" she says smiling. 

"Well, will you wait along here please". "Now before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words". "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Flich. Has asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor, on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death, Thank you" professor Dumbledore tells us. "When i call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the Sorting Hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses" the woman says" I zone out for most of the names that are called.

"Hermione Granger". "Goodluck Hermione, every house will be happy to have you" I tell her. She gives me a small nervous smile. "Same goes for you Miggy" she tells me. She walks upfront. "Oh no, okay relax" i hear her mumble. "Mentall, that one. I'm telling you" Ron says and i give him a little shove in the back. "Gryffindor" the sorting hat yells. "Draco Malfoy". He's immeditly sorted in Slytherin. "Ronald Weasley". And he's also immedilty sorted in Gryffindor. "Harry Potter" the whole great hall goes silent. After a little while the Sorting Hat yells Gryffindor.

"Imogen Vixen"