Chapter 440 - You Tried to Trick Me? (2)

"This is quite a cozy and quiet location."

Cale looked around as he said that.

They had teleported to a small reception room. The room was decorated with the Caro Kingdom's unique exotic and vintage decorations, but it was too small to be one of the crown prince's rooms.

"Isn't a stealthy place best to have such secret conversations?"

Crown prince Valentino responded in a friendly manner before taking a teacup from the guard knight. Only Cale's group and Valentino's close confidants were in this small reception room.

"Alright, let's sit down and chat. We made it so we cannot hear anything from the outside either."

The door was closed shut and the large window on the west side of the reception room was closed as well. Valentino sat on the couch as he started to speak to Cale.

"Do you know how quietly I came to this city from the palace to see you?"

Cale recalled when he had a meal alone with crown prince Valentino. The Mogoru Empire. The crown prince who said that he would only feel refreshed after seeing the fall of Imperial Prince Adin who betrayed him seemed to have matured a bit.

"I didn't know you thought so highly of me. I am touched."

Cale responded as he sat across from Valentino.

"It is nothing compared to what our Caro Kingdom has received from you and the Roan Kingdom."

Tap.

Valentino heard a dull noise at that moment. His gaze headed toward the table.

"...It's a golden plaque."

It was crown prince Alberu's special golden plaque. The smile disappeared from Valentino's face.

"I heard the gist of what is going on. The person responsible for everything, this White Star, is coming to the Caro Kingdom?"

The smile disappeared and was slowly replaced with quiet anger.

"How shocking. Do you know how shocked I was after hearing about everything from crown prince Alberu? We thought that only the Empire was involved with the Indomitable Alliance that threw our Caro Kingdom into chaos."

Crown prince Valentino's fingers were slightly shaking as he held the teacup. In some ways, Cale thought Valentino was the most human of all future kings.

"But there is someone worse than the two of them? This person is the White Star?"

He had heard the rumors that had spread across the Western continent about Cale and the White Star. He had then heard the detailed explanation from Alberu.

The night Valentino heard about the White Star and everything he had been involved with from Alberu... There was a secret meeting in the Caro Kingdom's central palace. Most citizens, nobles, and administrators had no idea that this secret meeting happened. It was because Valentino listened to Alberu's warning.

'I wish to keep the information that the White Star is heading to the Caro Kingdom as quiet as possible. This is someone who had installed his people inside the Mogoru Empire. That is why I am keeping everything about this person under wraps in the Roan Kingdom as well.'

Valentino started to share the results of that meeting.

"The Caro Kingdom with me, Valentino, as its representative has chosen to accept crown prince Alberu Crossman and our savior, young master Cale's request."

The thing that Alberu and Cale had asked for.

"We will overlook your battle against the White Star in the Land of Death. Also-"