Chapter 592 - Before the sun comes up (4)

The man next to Jo Min Yeh stiffened up.

He opened his mouth to speak.

"...How do you know the number of survivors from our original shelter-"

The auditorium had become silent. The people slowly started to realize the meaning behind the numbers Cale was mentioning after hearing Kim Tae Hoo's comment.

Everybody here were leaders or chief executives of the newly created central shelters.

That meant that the chances of them being leaders or people in charge of an original central shelter or smaller shelters were high.

The people Cale had just called had all been leaders of the now destroyed original shelters.

Kim Tae Hoo instantly started to sweat.

'176 people. That's the number of people who survived from our shelter!'

The numbers Cale was saying was the number of people who managed to survive through the hell that had appeared when the original shelters were destroyed.

Of course, there were more people in the new central shelter where Kim Tae Hoo was the leader.

But that was the number of people who had made it out of his original shelter.

"...How did you?"

'How does this person know about that?'

Cale started to speak again as the ability users started to stiffen up.

He was looking at the man next to Kim Tae Hoo.

"Ability user Park Young Hoon. You had quite a lot of survivors. 412 people."

Park Young Hoon's jaw dropped.

Cale looked at the people who couldn't hide their shocks and held in the bitterness he was feeling.

Kang Il-Rae, Jo Min Yeh, Kim Tae Hoo, and Park Young Hoon.

He didn't know what these people had experienced when their original shelters had fallen.

What monsters appeared, what buildings were destroyed...

How these people managed to survive...

He didn't know about any of that.

Cale remembered what happened around Korea on that day but had not been there to record it.

But he did remember the numbers.

Numbers were data that could give an overview of what had happened even without knowing the details.

The number of survivors from the original central shelters.

That hellish time had been recorded on a few sheets of A4 paper.

It did not record the number of dead people.

They could not check those numbers.

There were too many people.

When the world first experienced the cataclysm...

Quite a lot of people had died.

Then, when the original shelters crumbled...

Humanity faced danger once again.

That was the reason that the new central shelters that could fit tens of thousands of people had less than 10,000 total occupants.

This was why only the number of survivors were recorded.

There weren't any records of you if you died.

The original central shelters...

Cale slowly looked around at the people who had been leaders of those shelters as he started to speak again.