It's so quiet here...

Jenna's POV

I had just got back from Romania, and I was exhausted, but nothing could stop how happy I felt to finally be able to see my girl after so long. 

Emma was helping me with my bags, she wanted to carry it for me while I reunite with Y/n. And so, I did.

 I rushed through the building as our apartment was on the third floor. I was a little nervous because I knew that being away for so long was difficult on both of us. 

Especially Y/n, she struggled with mental health a lot and I worried about her, but she seemed to be doing well these past few months. I took a deep breath as the elevator finally stopped at my floor. 

I rushed to our apartment door and used my keys to open the door.

"Y/n! I'm home, baby!", that was weird. It was completely silent, the kitchen and living room was dark and empty, only the television lit the room. 

"Y/n!", when I didn't get an answer, I thought that for sure she must be sleeping. I mean it was late, but I was still hoping she'd be awake still, she was always the type to stay up late. 

I heard Emma come in with the bags as I walked up the stairs to the bedroom to check on my girl. On my way I heard the sounds of sobbing, alerting me that Y/n was not asleep.

"Y/n! Baby, it's Jenna! I'm home!", I quickly ascended the stairs and stormed into the bedroom, seeing only the bathroom lights on. The sobbing was much clearer, and it pained me to know they came from my love. 

"Hey baby", I found her sat on the bathroom floor against the wall. I quickly pulled her into a hug as she clung onto me. 

"What's wrong?", I pulled back and tried to get her to talk to me. She sniffed and looked down. "I don't want you to be angry or disappointed with me. I don't wanna let you down". 

I sighed and cupped her face in my hands, "You could never, now tell me what's wrong", I never saw my love look so broken before, she looked defeated. 

I couldn't help but wonder what it could be that made my gorgeous girl suffer like this, was it me being away? Was it that the distance got too much?

"Jen...I relapsed".

I froze. This was my doing, I didn't bother to worry enough, I should've known better. "What happened? You were doing well just a few days ago when I called." I asked silently as Y/n cried harder. and refused to look me in the eye. 

"I don't know, I understand if you're upset." I teared up as I started to cry.

I wasn't upset, I just didn't see it coming.

"Upset? I'm not upset my love, we'll figure this out together, we'll start over as many times as we have to." she shook her head, and it was only then I began to notice the signs. 

She was sweating even though it was cold, she seemed to be out of it, and she could barely look at me. "No, you don't understand...I-I took something", I started to panic.

"What did you Y/n??", her gaze seemed to shift to behind me and when I turned around there was a pill bottle on the counter. I quickly got up and grabbed the bottle, only to realize it was empty.

"Shit! How many of these did you take?!", she was drifting in and out of consciousness. I dropped the bottle and rushed to her.

 "Baby, stay with me! How many did you take?!", she seems to finally look at me, tears streaming down her face, "A-All of i-it...", my eyes widen as I saw her eyes close for the last time, not opening once more. 

"No no no! Y/n stay with me please!" I quickly picked her up when she began foaming at the mouth and turned her on the side. "EMMA, EMMA!", in less than thirty seconds Emma was already in front of me, frozen in shock. "Call 911"

But she didn't move, "Y/n/n.. what-" I cried because I knew she didn't have much time, "Emma call 911! Now!" she quickly snapped out of it and called 911. 

I looked back at Y/n and checked her pulse, it was very faint but still there. I robbed my knuckles on my chest to help with breathing. "Please don't leave me....not like this!", the fear that ran my blood cold had never been so prensent. 

I made sure to keep my hand on her pulse, I wouldn't forgave myself if she died on me, this is my fault. "please don't leave me..." I sobbed as I felt her heartbeat get slowly until it eventually stopped.