Afraid of Weakness

Y/L/B- your little brother

Y/N's POV

I quickly washed my hands before joining Jenna on the sofa. "Baby, what time is your interview again?" I said as I sat down cuddling up to my lover. "In the next two hours."

I kiss her forehead, "Try to get some sleep, I'll wake you 15 minutes before." she lifts her face from my boobs and smiles at me with those dimples that I loved so much, "Thank you babygirl, I love you so much," she pecked my lips and got comfortable before quickly falling asleep to the sound of my heartbeat.

When I noticed she had fallen asleep, I sighed and finally let the tears fall.

Jenna had been nothing but kind and loving with me and any other time I would be satisfied with that, but these past few weeks have been harder than most. Things have just been really shitty on my part, while Jenna on the other hand has been having the time of her life. She's been having a great time with her career, and I don't want to taint that for her.

So, I've been the perfect lover I've always been these past few weeks, holding everything in like I always do. Jenna hasn't seemed to notice so far, at least I think so.

When my little brother called me earlier last month and told me that our mother was being hospitalized for cancer, I didn't think that my life could get worse. And I was more wrong than I've ever been, I lost my job, I lost a few friends, I've been struggling with depression ever since then.

And to top it all off, I was a nobody. No one person outside of Jenna and I's family knew we were together. Not even her friends.

I didn't want to bother Jenna with my problems, so I didn't bother speaking up about any of it. We've been going strong for three years now and we are in love with each other but there are things I refuse to open up about and the main one is my problems.

I closed my eyes and let the tears fall as I forced myself to fall into a light sleep.

.

an hour and a half later

My body shot awake when I heard my phone ringing, I quickly picked it up and shut off the alarm I had set for 9:45 am.

I was awakened from a nightmare, and I was still shaken up about it as my hands struggled to stop shaking. "What happened? You're shaking", I didn't notice Jenna was already awake and sitting on the bottom half of the sofa. "Nothing, just a nightmare, nothing serious."

I sighed and wiped my face; I felt the couch sink a little as Jenna crawled into my lap and straddled me. "I understand that you're afraid to tell me how you feel but I'm here for you whenever you need a hug. I'm your person, remember?"

She made me look at her as she held my face in the palm of her hands, "Look, I won't force you to tell me what's been going on with you, but I want you to know that you are not alone in this. It may be dark right now, but I promise to be right by your side until you feel safe enough to come to me. "

I sucked in a breath and held the tears in as I spoke, "I understand. Thank you." she placed our foreheads together and pecked my lips, "I love you Y/n", I closed my eyes and replied, "I love you more." I kissed her passionately as I knew we had some time before her interview.

We continued to make out gently for a few minutes before she lightly pushed me back to breathe. "I'm sorry-" I smiled a little, "It's okay, go get set up and ready."

"I promise I'll give you all the kisses and cuddles you need when I'm done", she kissed my lip once more and then quickly ran to our room to get dressed.