My Protector

Olivia's POV

@14 years of age

I was sitting in my bed crying. Last night my mother died protecting me. It was all my fault.

I heard a knock at my door.

"its me Narlan" I opened the door and hugged him tightly.

"Narlan she is dead. It is my fault. I should have let them touch me perhaps then she would have lived."

My body was shaking violently from the crying. Narlan's was patting my back. His gentle touch calmed me down.

"can I come in." I saw Diana. She was holding Evelin's pendant in her hand.

"Here take it she wanted you to have it. She also wanted me to tell you that her death was not your fault. It was those animals who killed her"

She said that and left hurriedly. Narlan cleaned my moist eyes with his palms and said

"Olivia from today onwards you will stay with me in my room."

Narlan's POV

When she was brought to the castle she was just one day old I took her in my arms. She was so cute. As I looked at her I knew she was the one for me. I wanted to care for her. It was me who brought Evelin back to the castle. I knew Evy had lost her daughter Rosa and she would love to raise Olivia. I also knew that my father had a thing for her so she would keep his temper away from Liv.

I didn't know that drinking would convert him into such a brute. He was beyond repair now. At present he was hiding in his room ashamed of what he had done last night. I knew it was just a short phase soon he would revert back to his disgusting self.

I had to protect my mate but I was afraid of my own self because of the feelings I had for her. I was my father's son so I tried to keep away from her. After she had entered her teens I was having these weird cravings to touch her. She was still a child and I needed to control myself.

But whatever the case maybe still she couldn't sleep in that room alone now. She had to sleep with me in my room.

"Olivia pack your things you are shifting to my room."