Chapter 12 ~ Make A Wish

(A/N/ This story is ending soon, but there will be a sequel to it called "Breakdown".)

Samantha's POV

"Sam! Stop it, I can't breathe!" I said in between breaths of air as Sam stopped tickling me.

"But your laugh is adorable," He protested.

"Then tell me a joke, don't try to kill me," I argued.

He smile faded at the words, "Don't try to kill me".

"I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean it like that," He said and hugged me.

"It's fine," I whispered.

We parted from the hug and I could tell something was wrong.

"Sam?" I asked.

"I wish you didn't have to stay here. I wish you could come back to my apartment with me and we could spend the night next to each other, and have pizza and hot chocolate. I want the old you," He confessed.

"I'm sorry Sam, but you know if I could, I would get out of this hospital bed. Because even I wanna go see the ocean, and sleep with you again," I cried.

I heard footsteps from the hallway and I saw four other boys and two girls come in. Kian, Trevor, Connor, Ricky, Dani, and Makayla. They stopped dead in their tracks when they look at me. I haven't looked in the mirror in weeks. All my hair is gone, I'm hooked up to tubes and I haven't showered in forever. I can only imagine how terrible I look.

"Are you OK," Connor asked, dropping what he was carrying and running to my side.

"I'm fine guys I promise. But I might not be fine if Trevor doesn't give me that chocolate bar he is holding," I replied.

Trevor handed me the chocolate bar, but a nurse came in and took it out of my hand.

"Please," I begged, "I wanna have chocolate."

"Can I have a moment alone with Samantha," the nurse asked.

"Sure," Sam said and walked out with everyone.

"Sami, I don't know how to tell you, but your not gonna survive. Your doctor says 1-3 months left. He is outside telling your friends right now," She said flatly.

"You're lying," I said starting to cry.

"I wish I was. We haven't told you yet, but the Make*A*Wish foundation lets you have one wish for you to do anything, it's time you start thinking about what you want," she said.

"Can I go to Paris? With Sam? I've always wanted to go see the Eiffel Tower, and it would give me a chance to spend time with Sam again," I asked.

"Of course, I'll go set it up. Just you and Sam?" She asked.

I nodded and she left. Everyone came back in looking really sad.

"You're dying," Megan whispered as a tear slipped down her cheek.

"Yea," I said, "But Sam, me and you get to go to Paris, I'll have air tanks so I can breathe."

What I thought would cheer him up looked like it made him more sad. 

"Guys, C'mon, If we sit here sad about it, we'll miss out on doing things with each other," I said, "Connor, what did you have in that bag?"

He handed me the bag. No one in the room has said a word. I grabbed a box out of the bag. It was cards against humanity. Clearly they wanted to play it. 

"Guys, lets play. We'll all laugh and forget about what just happened," I suggested.

Sam pulled up a small table and everyone sat around it. I sat up and set the game on the table. Trevor set out the game. He laid down the first black card. "How did I lose my virginity?" It read. The cards that everyone laid down were, Bees, God, Natalie Portman, Dead parents, Bitches, Date rape, a micropenis, and The Make*A*Wish foundation. Oh Geez. 

"Oh my Gosh, Sam!" I yelled, and threw my pillow at him. 

"What," he asked. 

"Me and you are going to Paris BECAUSE of the Make*A*Wish foundation," I replied.

"Oh," was all he said.