Chapter 16 ~ The Monsters of The End

Samantha's POV

A few weeks went by and I was approaching my dead line. Sam walked into the room.

"Let's sing your favorite song together, one last time. Everyone is here to sing with us," Sam said and everyone else, including my mom and her family, but then it hit me. Everyone in this room is my family. Connor pressed a button on a radio and the familiar trumpets started playing.

"Hey......Hey.....Hey," My mom and her family said.

"I don't like walking around this old and empty hospital," I sang, changing the word house to hospital.

"So hold my hand, I'll walk with you my dear," Sam sang back.

"The stairs creek as I sleep, it's keeping me awake," I sang.

"It's this hospital telling you to close your eyes," Sam sang as a tear fell down his cheeks.

" And some days I can't even dress myself" I sang while starting to cry.

"It's killing me to see you this way" He sang.

" 'Cause though the truth may vary. This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore" Everyone else sang.

"Hey......Hey.....Hey," My mom and her family said.

" There's an old voice in my head that's holding me back" I sang.

"Well tell her that I miss our little talks" Dani sang.

"Soon it will all be over and buried with our past" I sang.

"We used to play outside when we were young and full of life and full of love." Kian and Sam sang.

"Some days I feel like I'm wrong when I'm right" I sang.

"Your mind is playing tricks on you, my dear" My mom sang.

" 'Cause though the truth may vary. This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore" Everyone else sang.

"Hey!......Don't listen to a word I say........Hey!.......The screams all sound the same......Hey!" My mom and her family sang.

" 'Cause though the truth may vary. This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore" Everyone else sang.

"Hey!........Hey!" My mom's family sang.

"You're gone, gone, gone away. I watched you disappear" Everyone except me sang.

"All that's left is the ghost of you." Ricky sang.

"Now we're torn, torn, torn apart, there's nothing we can do,"Connor sang.

"Just let me go we'll meet again soon," I sang.

"Now wait, wait, wait for me, please hang around. I'll see you when I fall asleep," Sam Sang.

"Hey!......Don't listen to a word I say........Hey!.......The screams all sound the same......Hey!" My mom and her family sang.

" 'Cause though the truth may vary. This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore" Everyone else sang.

"Hey!........Hey!" My mom's family sang.

"Though the truth may vary, this ship will carry our bodies safe to shore," Everyone sang.

"Though the truth may vary, this ship will carry our bodies safe to shore," Sam Sang.

"Though the truth may vary, this ship will carry our bodies safe to shore," I sang

~~~~~~~~

Claps erupted throughout the room. I looked over to the doorway and saw a bunch of nurses and my friends from the hospital. Everyone hugged me and I cried into the hug.

But that's when I felt it. The last beat of my heart. Every beat I had lead up to this moment. Every beat counted. I froze up for a second before I fell onto the bed and everything went dark.