Jacobstown

The leaves ruffled with the icy wind of the mountains. The bighorners wandered around the mountains, looking for bushes to eat. In these icy mountains, stood a skii lodge, from before the great war ofcourse. A big compound with a huge lodge, and though it was built for humans, the residents, were not humans. Huge 8 ft. tall behemoths, with green skin tougher than a boulder, with strength enough to rip apart a human in half resided in the lodge. They were known as "Supermutants". They were humans initially, but were dipped in vats of the "F.E.V" virus which enhanced their physical capabilities tenfold, but reduced their mental capabilities to that of a child. Their creator was killed before he could turn all the humans into supermutants, and now these creatures were fated to roam the wasteland, searching for a place where they wouldn't be shot down. 

Their leader, a supermutant named "Markus", who was one of the few supermutants who retained his intelligence, brought all these supermutants to the lodge, and named the place "Jacobstown". The place was a supermutant fortress, which was rarely attacked by humans. The NCR had once sent mercenaries to kill the supermutants, but with the help of the Courier, the mercenaries were sent back without bloodshed. 

Markus was on his usual patrol, first visiting the guards at the gate. "Everything good barry?" asked Markus. "Yes, boring as usual. I didn't even see any bighorners today. I am sad" replied barry. "You'll see them eventually, keep at it" said Markus as he pat barry on the back.  He then walked through the compound, seeing the other supermutants and nightkin(another version of the supermutants with blue skin instead of green) going through their daily routine of eating, arguing, fighting and finally sleeping. Once in a while they would have an "Intellectual" conversation, about topics like "best meat" or "better skin color". But these eventually resulted in both the parties leaving. 

As Markus continued his patrol, he noticed a slight shimmer in the trees on the edges of the mountains, above the lodge. He thought it was the wind at first, but when snow fell down from near those trees,  that  caught his attention. "Tom, Brom, you two go check that out" ordered Markus as he pointed at that area. The two supermutants immediately rushed towards the area. There was a path which led towards the upper mountains, it was narrow for supermutants, but perfect for humans. Tom and Brom disappeared in the snow and trees. Some time passed, no sign of them. Markus was on edge, he had already alerted the other supermutants. He waited, and waited. "Where are they...?"

Suddenly, a shot was heard from above. The sound was muffled, but just enough to alert Markus. Another shot was heard, then another, then another, and then a horrific cry of agony. "Take your positions!" shouted Markus. The supermutants took their positions, pointing their hunting rifles at the general area. Five minutes passed.....silence. Then suddenly, the trees rumbled and shook. More gunshots and cries. A green figure was seen, not very clear, but visible enough. A spark of hope shined inside Markus. "Guess they took care of it" Markus thought to himself. 

Then that spark was immediately snuffed out when the supermutant, who was either Tom or Brom, started flailing around it's arms. He caught hold of something and threw it down the mountain. It turned out that it was a someone. It was a human, dressed in tattered armor. The body fell on the ground, the limbs shattered. Before anyone could register what happened, the supermutant fell down from the mountain, and multiple humans emerged from the trees, firing openly. "Fire!" shouted Markus, and the supermutants immediately started firing. The gunfight ensued, the supermutants took more bullets to go down, and soaked up much more damage. Whereas the humans' numbers started dropping. During the fight, Markus noticed that even though the humans had heavy firepower, their aims were not up to the par to that of a mercenary. Nor did they have heavy armor. 

The supermutants suffered next to no losses as the fight continued. Finally, the final human dropped from the mountain. Some of the humans ran away, limping and bleeding. "How many are there?" Markus asked. "Ten of them here. Might be more on the mountain" answered one of the supermutants. A group of four supermutants went up the mountain, towards the forest from which the humans attacked. They saw the five more human bodies lying dead, with blood trails going into the forest. They decided to follow them. As they walked forward, they saw a patch of the forest with fallen trees. Along with the trees, there was a dead supermutant body. "Tom...or Brom?" said one of the mutants. "How would I know?" replied another. They moved forward, seeing two human bodies. "Tom really messed them up" said one of the supermutant. "Maybe it was Brom" said another. "Shut up!" shouted the party "leader".