3

Thank you for your response in the previous update.
...

Cabir, Professor, Niyonika, The maids, guards, everyone were looking at my pitiful state.

I was just kicked out of our room by my husband.

Niyonika rolled her eyes and went back to her room. Cabir ordered everyone to disperse from this scene and slowly they walked away murmuring things which are inaudible to me.

Unable bear the attention I ran into the guest room where I used to stay before our marriage and locked the door. I slid down and brought my knees closer to my chest and sobbed loud.

I really hate crying infront of people. And today he successfully made it happen.

More than his words I am hurt by the fact that it's the truth. He is not lying that he didn't love me to protect me like my Manik.

My Manik always tried to protect me by hiding his love for me. Even though he wanted nothing but to marry me he was scared for my life. His eyes were warm and mischievous despite pulling that act.

But now it's different. He is cold and eyes are blank when looking at me. It's as if like I never existed or mattered to him.

A knock on the door halted my cries. I wiped my tears and immediately stood up. I know, Manik can't stay angry at me.

My smile dropped seeing the Professor standing with Cabir. "May I come in?" The professor asked and I nodded my head.

I want to shut the door and ask them to leave me alone. But that will make me more lonelier as I will lose people who were on my side.

They sat on the couch and I sat on my bed looking at my fingers. "If you are here to show some sympathy, let me tell you in advance. I don't need it. This is normal between couples."

I tried to act normal but my tears betrayed me.

The Professor was on my side the next second and he kept my head on his shoulder.

"Give up, Nandini." Cabir's words confused us.

"What?"

"Don't try, you will lose. It's not the Manik you know. Just give up." Cabir suggested.

I stood up and gritted my teeth.

"What the hell are you saying, Cabir? How can you try to break my marriage? And Manik? He is your best friend and how can you even think about snatching our happiness?"

Cabir shook his head. "Why don't you understand? This is not your Manik. Even I am afraid of this version of him, he...he is dangerous. Manik is now living in his most painful times, nothing matters to him except revenge. He doesn't care about anyone's feelings and is like a demon."

I laughed. "What are you even saying? Manik is anything but a demon. He is sweetest person I know and he just confused with all the happening to him right now."

"The sweet Manik you know is not him. He was burning with rage during this time and it was a lot difficult to control him. Heck, he even set the record for highest number of attacks and capturing the territories in this time." Cabir paused. "You will get hurt in the end."

He is scaring me with his words. How can I even be afraid of my Manik? Yes, Manik has been powerful Mafia Boss and extended this Empire to a large extent but that's his professional life. It doesn't link to his personal life.

But then he doesn't remember me. He has only Alya in his head.

"He loves Alya, right." My voice croaked even with the thought of Manik loving someone other than me.