5

Do you have any tips for peaceful hostel Life?
...

I stared at his serious face without speaking anything.

"Now what? Little princess couldn't take the truth and wants to cry?" His words reminded me that my eyes were misty.

I blinked my eyes to clear my vision and smiled at him. "No, Manik. I am thinking about how much you have loved me that a cold hearted like you turned into a complete prince charming for me."

He looked at me with disbelief. "What are you made up of?"

"That's the right question for a right person." I smiled brighter. "I am made of straws filled with mafia blood."

"Huh?"

"It's okay, you will understand it sooner. First, eat something and recharge yourself." I kept the plate infront of him on the table.

He looked at the plate and at me before starting at the plate once again. "What the fuck is this?"

"Plate." I said casually.

"I know that, I am asking about what's on it?"

"Food."

Why is he asking me silly questions? Did he forgot about basic things? Should I teach him everything from scratch?

"Don't test my patience. What exactly is this?"

"Dude it's food. Food is food. What do you want to know, just eat it." I raised my voice.

Manik leaned back on his chair. "You don't know the names of the food. Right?"

I gulped.

It was true. All I can say it's food. Should I ask the chef to help me? Why can't the food on this table have labels like they have on packaged foods?

"You have mixed three different dishes on the plate creating a disgusting mess." He started twirling the spoon and separating the long green vegetable from round yellow vegetable and long purple vegetable.

Manik knows many things and I am impressed once again. That's the reason the food with him tastes the best instead of me eating alone. I always mix everything and it really tastes bad.

He raised his eyebrow and I smiled shaking my head at him.

"I really missed you, Manik. We didn't eat together from a long time. You know how to make the food delicious even without cooking it."

There was no change of emotions on his face. He was unaffected by everything around him.

"Name atleast one dish on this plate and we can eat together." He said keeping the spoon on the plate and leaning back once again on his chair.

I clapped my hands with excitement. "Really? We can eat together like before? Will you feed me? But I just ate my SupUnch."

"What did you eat?" He questioned me.

"SupUnch." I repeated and he was still confused. "Oh! You forgot, right. How can I forget that you forgot. SupUnch is Lunch and Supper."

I explained and he was not giving a tiny bit of reaction. Am I speaking with his painting? Is Manik hiding behind this painting and giving voice?

"Name atleast one dish on this plate." He questioned again.

He is not following me, but it's okay, let me be patient with this man.

I kept my finger over my cheek and began thinking about the resemblance. I have seen this food most of the time but I don't know the names.

Who even learns the name of an item which will be vanished into internal mouth organ?