20: Preparations For a War To Fight

"Fucking Frank!" Bret screamed, "Frank was behind this!"

Liam tilted his head, "How would you know that?"

Bret fell to his knees, "The rounds are engraved with... F.W.! That stands for Frank Wright! The A.G. stands for Ars Goetia! One of the high-ranking families of Hell!"

"Meaning?" Liam asked.

Bret covered his mouth, "Frank was hired by Stella to kill him or someone else. God damn it... You're coming with me to Hell. Understood?" 

Liam nodded, "Sure."

Bret gave Liam a death stare. Which made Liam get scared, "Understood."

"Good," Bret growled.

As Bret created a portal in the backyard, he saw something rush into it. Confused, he stepped in with Liam behind him, "If I don't know what that was, neither will you."

***

The I.M.P. office was empty because Bret and Loona weren't there. There was an absent silence in the workspace until the human and hellhound duo showed up. Bret walked in using his human disguise, with dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, and a chinstrap beard on his face. Liam wore glasses with his Alex Verdugo Boston Red Sox jersey. The way they came to prepare was different, but in any way, they were brothers. As they searched the office for anything, Bret checked the filing cabinet he had been working on before he had left a few days prior.

"Well then, these files were fucked with," Bret spoke as the lock which kept them away from the wrong hands was broken into, "Blitz knows better than to break the damn lock!"

"He's your boss?" Liam asked, "Man, does he treat you right?"

"Only if he talked to or fucked Stolas the night before." Bret coughed, "I have the grimoire because of that!"

Liam looked scared but carried on. The room was surveyed, and not much was different. The breakroom window was broken, the padlock that kept everyone's files was broken off, and Loona's desk was flipped onto its side. Bret still couldn't figure out who could've done such heinous things. Liam felt an overbearing presence in the form of two imps: Moxxie and Millie.

"Bret?" Moxxie whispered.

"Shit." Bret whispered, "Yeah, Mox?"

"Are you there?" Moxxie spoke, "Also, why is the office looking like this? This isn't normal for us to lose our crap and turn the place into a mess."

"Who's the human?" Millie tilted her head curiously.

"ENOUGH!" Bret roared, "I just got here to figure out why the office is like this! Give me a fucking break! Moxxie, I don't know what happened! Did Blitz lose his sh—mind after Loona talked to him on the phone?! I don't have any clues on why it looks like this!"

The room stood quiet as Bret's loud huffing was heard from the main area. Everyone was seen shaking as Millie hugged the human in question to show he was safe with the male hellhound and the married imp couple. Everyone refused to speak until someone would explain what was going on. Bret went to his knees and prayed in a muffled tone. Liam adjusted his glasses and buttoned his jersey, covering the Audie Murphy shirt underneath. Moxxie sat on the couch, hoping to get an explanation.

Finally, Bret spoke, "Who was in here last?"

"Blitz." Moxxie mumbled, "Blitz locked up the other night. No one has been here since Loona left."

'He must've broken in.' Bret thought, "Anything else?"

"No, sir." Moxxie started, "We've never had a break-in at the office. This isn't normal of Blitz."