23: Beginning Of Operation Mountain Crossing

As the group entered the breakroom, Bret explained the plan, "Jaxon and Moxxie, since you both are impressive with sniper rifles and good from long distances. You'll both be stations far from the bridge for undetected shots. Both of you will use suppressors."

"Good enough for me." Jaxon gave a thumbs up, "Where is my M24 rifle anyway?"

"Hang on, why should we trust you?" Moxxie argued.

"Long-range choices. Take the shots if things are to go south. Back-up is crucial." Bret objected, "I trust you both. Moxxie and Jaxon's team codename is Eagle."

Richard, Wyatt, and Carson woke up and heard talking from the breakroom. The three of them walked in, and Bret, but as a hellhound, he could be human. But he didn't feel part of the plan, "Now for Richard, Wyatt, and Carson, who just walked in, you'll be a ground team with Colton, Emilio, and Jaxzon."

"What's our job as a ground team?" Liam asked, concerned about his well-being.

"Ground team, codenamed Stallion, will eliminate any soldiers that come in our way." Bret looked at the map, "As for me, Millie, Petey, and Ky. We are the collection team, codenamed Bear. So we'll have Eagle, our snipers, Stallion, our ground team, and Bear, our collection team."

Everyone looked in Bret's direction, nodding and talking amongst themselves. Bret hoped they were listening and not ignoring him like the plan was his mind going crazy against him. He prayed someone was listening when he heard a voice call out, "Are these team names based on our defensive schemes from high school?"

"Stallion and Bear are." Bret responded, "Who's asking, and is that a problem for you?"

"I am." Richard responded, "Also, Soby, why are you down here in Hell?"

"I'm dead and hoped you all would listen to me," Bret spoke, "Also, Richie, Wyatt, and Carson. Welcome to my home, hell. It's like California except hotter."

Everyone was still in conversation on the plan in question. Was Bret making the correct call? Or is he trying to commit to such a heist and make sure everyone would partake in killing Frank? Who was still out for Loona?

***

Loona woke up with Thomas in his little crib, smiling about his birth. Exhausting but worth the wait. Her smile faded as Bret never came back from visiting his dad.

"Where is he? Why hasn't he come back yet?" Loona began to worry, "No one has checked on me in the last few hours. Why does everyone abandon me? Is my past repeating itself now?"

A knock was heard on the door, and Octavia and Stolas entered, both in human form. Loona smiled, tears rolling down her cheeks, "Octavia! Stolas! I'm glad you're here."

"Listen, the doctors said you're free to leave. However, we need to move you quickly." Stolas panted, "We'll explain later."

"What's going on? Why hasn't Bret come back yet?" Loona cried, "He hasn't been back—"

"Loona, stop! Frank is trying to find you. Bret's dad is dead, and we need to move you to the office." Stolas explained everything from what Bret had told him, "Bret is trying to protect you, darling."

"What?" Loona was confused.

"Frank is after you, Loona. He wants to kill you." Octavia spoke, "We need to get you out of here."

"What about the baby?" Loona asked, "Our son..."

Octavia and Stolas looked over at the crib next to Loona. They realized Loona was a mother; this was a statement, and nobody knew it.