Chapter 16

Blair sighed, sitting on the sofa, her binder in her arms. Dex ran over to her, not liking the way depressed looked on her. He grabbed her. "Blair. What's wrong?"

"My grandmother called... My grandfather died."

"Oh, Blair. It's going to be okay... What did he die of?"

"Prostrate. He was seventy-four anyways..."

"Seventy-four? He was forty-six when you were born? Why so young?"

Blair blushed. Should she tell him? Could she? "More or less forty-six... My mother had me at fifteen. She was a freshman in high school. As soon as she turned sixteen after having me, she took off, leaving my grandparents to deal with me. I haven't really heard of her since, aside from every now and then, not that I'm interested."

"Do you know her?"

"Of course I do. I see her during New Years all the time and she's on the cover of every sex magazine there is!"

"Wait... Who's your mother?"

"Lilliana Jones. Or better known as Lilly-pop Jones." Dex seemed to nearly spit out his coffee. Blair rolled her eyes. "I know. It's unbelievable. How could Lilly-pop Jones give birth to this? At least I know my mother. I only saw my father once, in a picture from my mother's freshman yearbook."

"No. That's not why I'm in disbelief. I can't imagine someone so open giving birth to someone so shy."

"Thanks," Blair murmured.

Dex groaned. "I meant it in a good way, Blair. Not everything has a negative connotation... I like shy girls more than loud, obnoxious girls. They're cuter... Don't look shocked. Yes, I think you're adorable." Blair laughed. "But the reason that your mother is Lilly-pop Jones would explain why you're so amazingly good in bed," Dex murmured, slipping his hand into Blair's closed thigh.

"Dex," Blair said, already breathless. "No... You said once. That was it. Plus you never know when someone is going to walk in."

Dex smiled, enjoying the challenge she was giving him. "I can always lock it. We can go to the bed."

Blair bit her lip, but resisted his seduction, despite his fingers playing with her core through her panties, beneath her green dress. "Dex, no means no. End of story."

Dex sighed, looking away. "Fine," he said. "I guess I'll have to convince you through... tickles."

Blair blinked. "I'm not five, Dex. Tickles aren't going to-Oh, my God! Dex, no stop!"

She laughed and kicked as Dex tickled her. After a few minutes of struggling (and then some sore abdominals), Dex looked Blair in the face, gently smirking as he pushed her hair out of her face. She smiled softly, looking away as she blushed. Dex turned her head gently. "Why do you blush?" he asked.

"Why do you smirk?" she answered with a question.

"I don't. It's an admiring smile."

"So, you admire me?"

"Of course."

"Why?"

"Why not? You're funny, charismatic, intelligent, beautiful, sweet, caring... And the way you organize your files turns me on." Blair tossed her head back, laughing. "So... Answer me... with a sentence. Why do you blush so red?"

"I don't. I blush pink. It's an admiring color."

"You admire me?" Dex retorted.

"Of course... You're funny, handsome, extremely intelligent, and the way you write those checks is so sexy."