Forever and always

Lucy's POV:
It is half time against Colombia. We are level 1-1, but i gave the ball away for their goal. I try not to show it to my team, but i'm really annoyed at myself. I walk through the tunnel, eyes never leaving my feet as i find my seat in the changing room. I take an energy gel, a banana and some water from the centre table and start to consume them as the other girls enter the room.

Keira comes over and places a gentle kiss to  the side of my head, and i smile. "you're playing well baby" i remark, tapping the bench next to me.
She replies but I can't hear what she's saying, my ears start to ring and my limbs start to shake. I push it down, this is not happening during one of the most important games of my career.
My chest feels so tight, and i just want to hug Keira and make it all go away, but i can't tell her there's something wrong and she hasn't even noticed. I feel so silly

Keira's POV:
Lucy seems a bit distant, but i don't want to pry too much. Sarina comes in, and begins talking about tactics and what we need to change "lucy, keep the ball, pass it to players around you, don't try and run down the middle of two players" she remarks, i turn my head to lucy and she just nods knowing what she means, her face changing to disappointment. I give her a quick kiss, "i'll see you back out there baby, love you".
I get into conversation with Georgia and quickly nip to the toilet, this is one stressful game, i needed to be in it.

Lucy's POV:
Keira leaves the room along with the few other girls and my chest starts to feel tight. I keep drinking my water and taking the energy gel when it suddenly hits. The tears start to pour, my legs feel weak, and i start to heave. Come on luce, shake this off you can't let this anxiety make you fluke this match. I get up and wobble towards the door. "BRONZE HURRY THE GIRLS ARE ON THE PITCH" I hear in the distance. I run out onto the pitch and it feels like the world is closing in on me, but i need to keep going. I give Keira a fake smile and the second half of the match begins.

Keira's POV:
The 60th minute approaches and a bad tackle is made against lucy, not one that would necessarily injure her, but it's going to hurt. She falls to the floor and clutches at her chest.
She's uncontrollably sobbing and breathing unevenly. Medics are called to the pitch, and i run over to her, taking her head into my lap and holding her hand. What's going on? "lucy are you hurting, did she hurt you? i'll go and slide tackle her if you need me to?" i say joking. She grabs ahold of my hand tightly and takes a big breath, palming at her chest. "i can't breathe, i.. i.." she forces out. "oh baby a panic attack? it's okay, look breathe in.. good.. out... in.... out" "it's not working kei i need to come off i can't, i need.. i... it..." she can't find the right words to say. We know not to PDA in front of people, especially not on the pitch, so i can't take her into my arms and kiss her to make it all go away, but at this rate she will pass out. The medics arrive quickly and immediately notice the panic attack, while the ref tries to suggest medical care is taken off the pitch to continue play. "SHES HAVING A PANIC ATTACK ARE YOU BLIND OR JUST STUPID? PISS OFF" i yell, earning me a yellow card, to which i roll my eyes at. "it's ok baby you need to breathe, you're okay, it's a big game i get that but i need you to calm down" i whisper into her ear, stroking her hair. She closes her eyes and nods, trying to take deep breaths, sobs still very prominent. The longer it continues the more i start to worry, she never panics for this long, and if she does she passes out, i have no idea how she's still conscious right now.

As time wears on, the ref and opposition grow more impatient, and the more angrier i get at them. The medics signal for 2 changes, me and lucy, as lucy keeps a tight grip on my hand as she is stretchered off the pitch. "i'm sorry i didn't want you to have to come off, i love you" she cries, "you are more important than any game, any competition, any trophy" i say, kissing her hand as we entered the tunnel with every "any" i said.

We get into the changing rooms and the medics leave it with me. The panic has subsided, but the crying hadn't, which worried me, as lucy is not a crier. I watch as she slumps down onto the floor, head in hands, trying to get into as small of a ball as possible, which is hard for someone her height. "i'm sorry for ruining your night" i hear her mumble as i take a seat next to her, placing a hand on her knee. "you didn't ruin anything for me, you are the most important thing in my life, i'd give up football entirely for you if it meant you never struggled with injury, illness or anxiety ever again, i love you forever and always" I reply, putting my arm around her waist and pecking her cheek.

"forever and always" she replied.

I keep my arms around her as the panic leaves her and she settles down. There's still time for the match but she's starting to fall asleep on my shoulder so i don't even bother moving. i just sit with her, waiting for her to be ready.
I peck her cheek.

"forever and always baby"