Our Missing Piece

LUCYS POV:
It's been a few months since Keira told me she was pregnant. She's now 8 months pregnant, and she's big. We have restrained ourselves from finding out the gender of the baby, so we've been decorating and buying things that are gender neutral, in pastels and white/ cream. Keira's sickness and lethargy has been so bad, still, 8 months in, and she's in bed a lot of the time. Pregnancy hasn't been easy on her.

KEIRAS POV:
I'm laying in bed, trying to fall back asleep so i don't throw my guts up, when i suddenly feel a gush down my legs. I know my bladder has been bad but this doesn't feel like piss, this was my waters. I panic. I'm 8 months and 2 weeks exactly, so not an unnatural time to have a baby, but we just weren't ready. I'm overly organised so have a hospital bag ready to go, everything is physically ready, but mentally i'm not. "LUCE PLEASE HELP" my legs and hips are cramped up, and i'm stuck. Lucy comes running in, a puzzled look on her face. "what's up baby, what is it?" she asks, clearly worried, I don't reply i just pull the cover back and the puddle in the bad say's everything, answering all the questions she has. She stands there for a second not moving, just mouth wide. "Lucy, help me don't just stand there" i snap, snapping her out of this trance. "sorry sorry quickly lets get you to the car", she almost whispers, lifting me to my feet and helping me to that car, sliding on my slippers and grabbing my hospital bag on the way down.

THEY ARRIVE AT THE HOSPITAL AND GET PUT INTO A ROOM IMMEDIATELY, KEIRA IS 8CM DILATED

LUCYS POV:
It's nearly time to meet our new baby, and all the emotions are rattling through my body. Keira is receiving every medicine possible to help with her pain, and is now 10CM, the baby is ready to arrive. I hold Keira's hand as she pushes, her face is flushed and she's sweating, my poor girl i hate seeing her in this type of pain, but we both know that it's going to be worth it when our baby is here.

KEIRAS POV:
Our baby was here, our beautiful baby girl.

Connie Louise Bronze

I cant believe we've had a baby girl. I'm over the moon, and in so much pain but it's a blur. My life is complete, she was our missing piece.