Kabanata 30

Veric

"She's been constantly stopping by outside the gates night after night. Don't you think it's becoming ridiculous, boss?" Hexon asked me as we both crossed the entryway and into the mansion. Kagagaling lang namin mula sa piyer kung saan may bagong imports from South America at Latvia. Pagkatapos ng panandaliang bisita ko sa isa sa mga distribution sites ng meth at cocaine sa Manila, agad din akong umuwi kasama si Hexon.

"She'll get tired of it," tugon ko naman sa consigliere ko.

"The girl is trespassing."

"She never made it inside the house."

"But she managed to get into the property once a week ago."

Natigilan ako sa sinabi ni Hexon.

Bago ko pa man mapigilan ang sarili ko, I was shoving him against the wall. A small dagger dangerously aligned at his jugular.

"Boss..."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I didn't know it was that important. You never made any notion that you want to see her," Hexon replied, his voice a bit shaky. His Adam's apple bobbed up and down nervously.

"I could have told her that myself," I hissed at Hexon's face. "No wonder she's not getting the message and she's still hovering around like a damn ghost."

"I couldn't do that, boss," Hexon said, full of bravado. "You'd just fuck her over your desk. And as your advisor and right-hand man in the business, I need to be certain that your head is not clouded by a potential distraction that would lead you vulnerable."

With a flick of my wrist, I got the sharp edge of the dagger slicing Hexon's left cheek. The wound wasn't deep but the blood pouring out of the broken skin was torrent and copious.

As blood dribbled down Hexon's left cheek, his eyes were still defiant.

"I could kill you now, you know that, right?" I asked him, annoyed at his resistive expression.

"And I'd die protecting you from getting attached to someone who supposed to know better that staying away from you is actually an act of self-preservation," Hexon retaliated. "Kasteel will use her against you. It's just a matter of time when he finally seeks retribution."

I stepped back and put myself a few meters away from Hexon before I did something that I'd regret. Grievances aside, he was still right about what he'd said. No matter how difficult it was for me to really forget the woman who'd lit a never-dying fire inside of me, letting myself get entangled with her would be suicide.

She had no place in my world and I'd endanger myself keeping her.

I'd distanced myself from Abby because I'd wanted to return back the agency I'd taken from her. Now that the situation with Cal had ended, she was free to do whatever the hell she wanted.

I'd given him an opening to walk away and never look back.

I never expected that it had the opposite effect.

She really was a young and naive girl. Old enough to make her own choices but too young to know better that the first thing you should do if you came face to face with a dangerous man--like me--was run.

I handed the dagger to Hexon by the handle. "Clean yourself up," I ordered, then walking away and headed to my bedroom upstairs.

Forty minutes in the shower would definitely leave you numb, but once I got dressed in a pair of jeans, t-shirt, and a hoodie, the warmth quickly came back to my bones. But my heart was still covered in frost despite the heat my clothes provided.

I couldn't sleep that night. I kept trashing in bed. If I wasn't walking in circles around my bedroom, I was jerking off at the fantasy that Abby was still with me.

I ate my own cum and pretended it was Abby's juices. I fucked my fist and imagined it was Abby's tight heat.

I jerked myself off in the balcony and dreamed of fucking Abby over the banister.

It was funny how a person could be capable of doing that to you without even intending it: to leave a person wanting desperately, but deny the feeling at the same time, because you knew it was dangerous to want, and need, and even dream that she was already living under your skin and in your mind, had all of your thoughts and actions in her control.

To have that power over you was degrading and malicious.

I hated it.

I hated her for making me uncomfortable in my own skin.

This was madness.

I need to kill her so I can end this turmoil.

I need to sever her from my life, erase her from my memories. Until the only proof she ever existed is the phantom feeling of her body against mine, the tight hold of her core around my cock, and the feathery touch of her lips on my mouth.

An hour later, I found myself standing in her room, watching her sleep.

So much for staying away.

It was dark in her bedroom so I couldn't actually see her peaceful face. I knew it would be peaceful and relax since I'd seen her sleep countless times back when we were still in Italy. Her lips would be in a slight pout and her lids would flutter every few seconds as if she was dreaming of something.

I approached her bed and stood next to it. I bent down and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Goodnight, Abby. Let your nightmares be filled of me. So you know how to finally stay away."

Nothing Sinful