Chapter 38

Eldons POV:

"This is ridiculous. There's no way out. You lied" I say.

Cris laughs. "Have you met me?"

I scoff at her. "So how are you gonna kill us now? And where are my friends?"

"Your friends are fine. And I have the perfect back up plan. What, did you think I was stupid enough to not plan ahead? I'm a serial killer." Cris says.

"Why did you just take me, then?" I ask.

"I wanted to talk. I'm bored." Cris says.

"You're bored? What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm not talking to you." I say.

"But you will. Or I'll kill Stephanie." Cris says.

I narrow my eyes at her. "Fine. Let's talk."

I hate her so much...I can't wait for her to see how much of a mistake she made. I won her Whodunnit game. Maybe I can reason....

"Look, Cris. You let me go before, when I won whodunnit. I just don't think it's fair that you dragged my back into it." I say.

Cris looks at me curiously. "You killed Kam."

"He was a threat-look, all I'm saying is, why can't you let me go? Just me? I won whodunnit, and I may have gotten a quarter of a million dollars, but how am I supposed to use that if I'm dead?" I say.

Cris scratches her eye. "You went back to your friends. You're unloyal."

"But I can be loyal. If you let me go." I say.

"You're a liar." Cris says.

"I'm not a liar. Please, just let me go. I'm willing to leave all my friends behind." I lie. As if! If I get out of here, first thing in doing is calling the police.

Cris looks me in the eye. "I know when someone is lying, Eldon. I'm a killer-if you had seen me in my whodunnit-you don't want to lie to me."

I can't give up yet.

"Please." I whisper.

"I have no mercy for you, Eldon. You killed Kam. And you tried to kill me more then once. You're a liar, and you're unloyal. There is only one way you'll ever be free-win." Cris says.

"I did win! I won whodunnit!" I argue.

"We're playing a new game now, Eldon. Win this one." Cris says, and then she walks away.

Wests POV:

Amanda? Our arch rival? Why did Cris kidnap her?

"West. Please untie me." She begs.

I'm too stunned. "What are you doing here?"

"I-I don't know." Amanda whispers. "I've been here for days."

"Who took you here?" I ask.

Amanda winces. "A girl named Cris-and-and Kam." She starts sobbing uncontrollably.

"Wh-why are you crying?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Please just untie me."

I oblige.

"You have to tell me everything." I say, once she is untied.

She looks me dead in the eye. "I don't have to tell you anything."

"I untied you." I say.

"That doesn't give you the right to control me!" Amanda screams.

"Woah woah." I say stepping back. "I wasn't trying to control you. I just need to know what's happening." I say softly.

Amanda sighs. "I'm sorry. I just don't want to talk about it-about him."

"What did he do to you, Amanda?" I whisper.

Amanda shakes her head.

"He's dead now. Eldon killed him. He can't do anything to you now." I say.

She nods.

"Let's go." I say.

Amanda follows me out the door.

Stephanie's POV:

I run face first into Eldon.

"Eldon!" I say. "Come on! We have to find West. We might've found a way out-"

"Steph," Eldon say, grabbing my arm. "There is no way out. Cris lied to us."

"You don't understand." I say. "James found an axe. We're breaking out."

Eldons eyes widen. "Oh my god. Okay, let's hurry."

A/N: hi how is it