Chapter 4: Meeting New Foster Parents

Hope Children's Home in Tampa, FL POV

I was in orphanages in Tampa, FL for two years. I'm 13 years old. It got a lot of kids there waiting from the parents to adopt them. They are headed to their new home with their foster parents. It's been a long time. I've is been there for few weeks. My mother never came. I was so angry.

"My mom didn't came. She abandoned me. How could she?"

The lady who work there tell me that is not well for me.

"She is not coming. I'm sorry, Yvonne. Your foster parents will be here in couple of days.

The kids are staring at me. There is a was light skin girl came to meet me. Her friends are there while they are waiting on new parents to adopt them.

"Hey! Who are you?"

"I'm Yvonne. What is yours?"

"I'm Michelle, This is Iesha, Kelly, and another girl name Brandi."

She is another dark skin girl. She is not in the mood.

"What is wrong with her?"

"She is been mean since. You don't want to talk to her."

"Why?"

"She is a bully. She is upset that foster parents chose light skin girl over her. She is been throwing this at them."

I can't believe it.

"WOW! It's awful!

"She should get it together."

"She will. She been thru different homes. Nobody wont adopt her because her ways."

"How old is Brandi?"

"She is 15."

"How long you girls been there?"

"I was between 9 thru 12. We lost both of our parents and my grandparents after they'll been sick a lot, and my aunts are not gonna raise us because they live in another states. They got their own kids now since."

I felt heartbroken for them. But I gonna ask them about Brandi and her parents.

"What about Brandi?"

"I can't tell you what happen to her parents. She will be upset if you're ask."

I'm still curious.

That night POV

We went to eat dinner until that girl Brandi came to me. I was just finish eating chicken, smash potatoes and corn.

"Hey!"

"Oh hi,"

"You're must been Yvonne. Right?"

"Yeah I am."

"I don't like why they got in my business after asking you about me."

"Sorry, It's not my intention to ask them about you, but I got to ask-"

"Stay out of-wait a minute, What is this?

"It's my mother's."

She took my heart necklace out of neck. She is try to put it on.

"Hey! Give it back to me."

"Awww! Hey look what that light skin girl got."

"I'm not light skin."

I felt I should tell Brandi that I was.

"You're what?"

"I'm mix."