4

Credits to Gemenia_Cryst for helping me write.

I looked at Mia and Chester dancing in the dance floor. On the other hand, my best friend Elodie who talked to Mark non stop. Trying to impress him.

I reminded myself what I was doing in this party and that was enough to make me stop standing in the corner of the room.

Emmett wasn't talking to that girl earlier anymore, he was now playing beer pong which meant he was distracted.

Upstairs was off limits but no one was guarding it and nobody seemed to pay any mind to a few couples who went up there then came right back a few minutes later.

I was about to make my way over there when a random guy came over and started hitting on me. But then another guy came up and saved me from the other guy.

He was tall and handsome. He had just recently joined the school 3 months ago but I didn't talk to him, like I didn't with others.

But that didn't mean I wasn't interested.

We chatted for a bit while and before I could ask for his number, an arm wrapped around me and carried me away from him.

And I knew exactly who it was!

"Chester! Let me go!" I yelled out, barely anyone could hear because of the irritatingly loud music.

Which would probably explain why he didn't answer...or maybe he just ignored me.

Finally he put me down in a secluded area of the party, there still a few people there but it wasn't as crowded.

"What are you doing? Are you out of your mind?!" I whisper shouted, lightly smacking his arm.

"Watch it Woods, did you forget what we were doing here in the first place?" Chester stated.

"And I am doing it right now. You're the one who ruined it!"I shouted.

"Doesn't matter, now let's do what we came here to do." He said sternly, not raising his voice but it did demand respect.

He is so fucking stupid.

Just then the guy from earlier came back to me.

"Are you alright?" He asked dryly.

Before I could even answer him, Chester beat me to it, "She's fine. Now leave."

"Yes. I'm fine. Thanks to you, Ajax." I said, knowing him. As Chester gazed to me in confuse.

"Ajax? You know each other?" Chester asked, although he didn't sound curious, he sounded irritated...and something else.

"Yes, Vinessa and I barely knew each other. I helped her with her homeworks a few days ago as well." He responded.

"You? Helped with her homework? The smartest girl in school needed help with her homework?!" Chester said in full disbelief.

I, too, was in disbelief because Chester would never admit to himself let alone anyone else that I was smarter than him.

"What's wrong with helping each other with homework?" Ajax asked.

"Oh nothing...just that she doesn't need help because she already knows everything!" Chester said.

"Its what friends are for, am I right?" Ajax said dryly.

Chester was about to retort something else again but I cut him off, "Chester, that's enough. Let's go home."

"But I-" He began to say again but I didn't give him the chance.