[ 𝟬𝟬𝟴 ] veiling supernaturals

tw none

tw none

👻 ⌜  夜のダンサー  ⌟  ┈─❟

"I'm... sorry...?"

Dami sniffs, bowing down in front of Teru and Akane as they stand in front of her. She had woken up and seen them there. The supernatural is looking down also in tears and in concern. His precious Da-chan looked so lifeless when he had retrieved her from the mirror. If he were a second late, who knows what would happen... to her and himself.

The other had a blank expression. She knows she's in trouble when she looks up, her eyes meeting Teru's. They're so blue, they're almost like... the heavens.

"But it wasn't my fault though!" She cries, frantically trying to explain seeing his eyes. "I was with Aoi at the gardening club and I just got dragged to the ground! Promise! It's that pinky's fault!" She holds out her pinky towards the two, trying to prove her innocence.

Teru still doesn't speak, and she realizes she may have said the wrong thing. This isn't about her being connected with supernaturals, is it? Maybe it's about how she had been dragged out of the garden by an unknown stranger... or maybe they're both still mad over something else. Nevertheless, it sends a shiver down her spine.

Then, a small smile forms across his lips, startling her. "It's alright." Dami immediately shots up from the ground, almost flinching when a hand pats her head. "We'll get to the bottom of this. But until we do, I think you should stay with Akane. He's more that willing to protect you, right?" He side-eyes the boy standing next to him.

The younger nods, seemingly happy and full of pride to be given such praise on protecting his precious friend. "In the meantime, we all got classes to attend to." He says with his normal cheery tone, pointing towards the door. "We should go to class now."

Dami blinks. Oh yeah... school. Right. She had forgotten about that part of things.

***

NEXT DAY (CLASSROOM)

Dami fixed her glasses, trying not to feel self-conscious at everyone around her giving their full attention towards the teacher. Well, at least, most people paid their full attention. She could tell both of her childhood friend's focus solely trained on her.

Not that it was much better. She knew Teru and Akane had made an — not really — effort to come early just to giver her these special type of glasses that Akane has too. The ones where she won't have to see any supernatural in the vicinity. It was cool for the most part, but it became a disturbance when everyone practically glued their eyes on her, surprised on seeing her wearing such things.

(Though they immediately looked away when Akane had glared at them while Aoi pushed her towards her seat.)

The girl sighs deeply, slumping down. Why can't the world turn on its axis without a few supernatural shenanigans happening around?

She didn't want this to be a big deal. She wanted to remain a regular high school student and live a quiet life. So why couldn't it be that easy?

Dami shakes her head slightly, clearing her thoughts as she tries to listen to the lesson. It took awhile, but eventually her attention was caught by a scream.

"EAAAHHHHH!!!"

Dami could only blink in shock at the sight of Nene's hair shaping like a Christmas miracle tree as she screamed at nothing, her arms up in the air as her hands held her broken mirror. The look on her face was one of pure terror and shock, her eyes wide and round. The other students in the class were already looking at her in surprise, her scream still echoing around the classroom.

The teacher went up to her, book still in hand and pointed a stern look on her. "Miss Yashiro... Please save your makeovers for after class."

Nene could only look down in embarassment, her voice shaking. "Yes, sir."

Dami and Akane looks at each other in understanding.

It was Hanako for sure.

***

HOME ECONOMICS ROOM

"Ugh, finally." Dami takes of her glasses and hangs the item on her apron, placing both her hands on her hips. "I didn't think it would gain a lot of attention..." She sighs tiredly.

Lemon looks over at her, chuckling. "Well it is the Kamiyama Dami wearing glasses." He ignores her pout. "Besides, why are you so self-conscious about it? It suits you." And with that, he took a picture of her while skillfully ignoring the heated glares he was getting and dodged the pan hurled towards him.

(Nene and Hanako had to hold Akane from attacking Lemon.)

Dami rolls her eyes, turning back to focus on chopping the vegetables. "I'm aware." She states plainly. "That's why it bothers me."

Dami's words sound bitter and she feels guilty afterwards. Lemon gives her a weird look and turns back to focus on stirring the soup in a pot that he had prepared. "Whatever you say, Kamiyama."

"Kamiyama-san!"

Nene calls out suddenly, making Dami turn around to see the radish hurrying over to her. Dami smiles in response, feeling relieved that Nene seems fine now. The whole hair incident probably scarred her mind for a moment. At least, if her memory serves.

"Yashiro! What brings you here to my table?" She asks as she approaches, placing her hands on her hips.

"I want to ask you about something!" She quickly replies. Dami can sense a nervousness behind the girl's smile. "It's about Kou-kun..." Dami cocks her head to the side, waiting for her to continue. "I want to cheer him up and I was hoping if... the cupcakes that I'm making are okay."

Dami's head shoots up at Nene's table seeing Akane and Hanako looking back at them with curious and suspicious faces. She walks towards the table to inspect it. "They look perfect. I'd say that even if Kou didn't eat any of them, his spirit will definitely soar!"

Nene blinks. "Is that so..." She smiles at her, nodding in gratitude. "Thank you very much, Kamiyama-san! And thank you, Akane-kun!"

Dami raised an eyebrow at him. "Didn't know you like to help others, Akane."

Akane simply shrugs.

Hanako snickers. "It's plus points for you and that Aoi girl." He dodged the punch coming towards him.

Dami rolls her eyes at them. She turns back to look at Nene who was staring at the cupcakes with a melancholic look. She looks back seeing a particular thing at the announcement board that would cheer someone up.

"If you think that's not enough," Dami starts, gesturing behind her with a grin. "How about inviting him to that?"

"To what?" All of them turn around curiously to face the board Dami had gestured towards.

5TH ANNUAL SUMMER SEASON FESTIVAL

"!"

Akane grins. "He will definitely like that--" He says rather smugly. "After all he likes yo--" He gets cut off when Hanako slaps his hands over his mouth. Dami just raises an eyebrow at the action.

The clock keeper felt his eye twitch, removing himself from his hold while holding Hanako's wrists. "BAH--!" He shouts. "GET OFF!" Akane was about to go off at him but stops himself seeing the face he was making.

Dami leans to look at him also, surprised at the rather embarrassed flush on Hanako's face.

"Honorable Number 7... Are you mad about something?"

"No... It's nothing."

Dami leans over to Akane. "He definitely is."