Kabanata 32

Veric

I'd been following Abby for weeks now. "Following" was a mild statement. "Stalking" should have been more suiting to describe what I'd been doing all this time.

And before you called me an obsessed freak or an immoral, perverted creep, Abby was the one who had started it. Abby had been the one who'd always kept showing up at the mansion's gates every damn night as if she was a ghost trying to get inside your house to haunt it.

She was the obsessed one.

She was the creep.

Instead of reporting her to the police, I'd made the decision to stalk her instead.

Making her feel unsafe should surely stop her from going to the mansion again. Once she knew that a mysterious figure was on her trail, she might finally cease her addiction of persistently visiting my property in the middle of the night.

Using and downplaying a woman's every day struggle in society was a problematic move, but it was for Abby's sake.

And it actually worked.

Her frequent visits had stopped.

But my stalking didn't, however.

I was just a couple of feet behind her as she was strolling down a busy sidewalk. May dala siyang gym bag at naka-bun ngayon ang buhok niya.

I wondered where she was going. Sa suot niyang simpleng t-shirt at shorts, imposibleng sa gym ang destinasyon niya. She was going somewhere that I didn't know about.

For approximately twelve-hours a day I'd been following her around the city, I'd been able to see sides of Abby that I hadn't been aware before.

She had an affinity for dirty ice creams and matcha-flavored milk teas, which she would consume whenever she could get them. And I got to say, if they weren't available in her perimeter, she would always find a way to get them. Either she'd scourge the streets in search for an ice cream vendor, or would trek a car-jammed highway just to get over to the other side where a milk tea store had matcha in their menu.

Abby preferred taking a bus as a mode of transportation instead of UVs to prevent getting her white uniform skewed and get wrinkles. She had a lot of friends but no close friends to laugh with during lunch breaks at the campus's park. But she wasn't lonely, though. She just wanted it that way. The silence for her was a gift.

She was the president of a student council, but she pretty much an introverted girl who was kept to herself and preferred to spend her vacant periods in the football stands, reading a generic fantasy book or listening to music with her headphones on.

She was so normal.

Too normal than what she'd just let herself become into back in Italy.

Whenever Abby would look over her shoulder to inspect if a figure was still following her, I'd immediately take a sidestep and hide behind anything that would conceal me from her line of sight. People around us wouldn't pay us any mind, and I would always do my best to act casual as if I was just a normal bystander.

Abby arrived at an old brick building fifteen minutes later. It was a gymnasium that housed a large public pool.

She approached a counter where she paid a fee to use the pool and once she got the keys for her temporary locker, I stood back and let her get further into the building first before following her again.

I chose to sit at the farthest bleachers in the vast facility, and blend among the shadows where the lights couldn't reach.

Abby spent roughly thirty minutes swimming in the pool, cutting through the water like a seal. Her black rush guard clung to her small waist and even from afar, I couldn't help myself from pitching a tent in my jeans at the sight of her tight ass getting shiny wet.