Epilogue

Veric wasn't in his bedroom when I walked in. I figured he was still hunched down in his home office at this time of day. Paperworks. Bane of his existence, as he'd say.

I dropped my bag next to the night table and stripped out of my white skirt uniform. Once naked, I walked to the shower room to wash off the lingering smell of laboratory disinfectants from my body. It had been a tiring day as a medtech student in the hospital. We were doing clinical duties now, and if there was one thing that a twelve-hour shift of sitting and looking through a microscope could do to you; it was a crippling stiff neck.

A warm shower might help soothe my aches and pains. One of the perks of being Veric's girlfriend was that I could always indulge myself in his thermostatic shower, and that I didn't need to boil water from the stove.

I stepped under the showerhead and I heaved out a long sigh as the water pelted down on me. I might've missed Veric entering the bathroom because all of a sudden, arms snaked around my waist and pulled me against his hard front.

"I didn't see you come in," Veric said, burying his nose into the back of my head and inhaling.

I turned the shower off before twirling in the circle of his arms. Facing Veric felt like having a standoff with a giant. He was so tall, and even more brawny when he had his clothes off. Every ridge of muscle made my pussy leak, and whenever I had my eyes locked on his dark brown ones, I had this animalistic urge to stand on my tiptoes and reach his lips with my mouth.

"You're not in the lounge or even in your bedroom," I replied.

"Our bedroom," Veric immediately corrected.

I smiled at that. "You've been in the office all day?"

"Yup. I always had the curtains pulled to the side so I'd be able to see you through the window once you come in from school."

"Maybe you were too busy to notice that I've just arrived."

"And you should've agreed from the start to let Astriel pick you up every day," he said. "So that I'll always know."

Shaking my head, I told him, "I can commute. I'm not Astriel's responsibility."

"You are, Abby. You're the wife of a capocrimine, an extension of me. My subjects are your own. They'll kneel to you." Veric brushed his lips across my cheeks, placing small kisses all over my face. "How many times do I need to keep reminding you to understand that?"

"I'm aware. But we're not in Italy. So maybe we can drop the conundrum," I suggested. "Can you sit on the toilet, by the way?"

"Why?"

"I want to ride you before my family arrives."

"We don't have time for that, darling," Veric said and I pouted. "We have an affair this evening and everyone would be here any minute now."

A knock at the bathroom door made me jolt.

"Mavy, time for you to pull your dick out of Abby. The Solis Family is here," Salvatore announced. Once the sound of his footsteps disappeared, Veric groaned.

"Sometimes he's forgetting his place," Veric grumbled next.

"Be nice," I chastised him. "Like I said. We're not in Italy. And it's kinda funny how he uses your nickname. You never told me you have one either."

"I don't encourage you to use it. But back on topic, Hexon and Astriel still act professional toward me."

"It's because they're both afraid of you. If I'm gonna be your wife, I demand that your consigliere and sicario be part of this household as an actual family member, not two goons for the mafioso."