Ch 4: Interrogations and Instigations

Her after school meeting with Kalego-sensei was cancelled as a result of him fainting and most likely being bedridden due to shock. Oh well, she at least inadvertently tried to save him. Unfortunately for her though, another staff member would be picking up that role.

The chairdemon.

A nervous wave pulsated through her being, complemented by her body's increased heart rate and as a result and she sort of wanted to implode.

She didn't think she would ever get used to that sensation.

Breath in two three four... remembering all her lessons in heaven when she was about one or two years old along with breathing exercises she picked up in the Overworld, she tried to calm her senses.

Memorizing every function of each blood vessels and organ in the human body. Along with cellular functions and stimulus as well.

Ah, fun times.

She could use this knowledge to her advantage, despite her body technically not exactly being that of a human's, with the lack of any scent nor the blood that demons were so desperate to consume. Still she felt vulnerable, without a body her interpretation of what had been going on around her was much more open. Now she had to rely only on five senses. She could only barely sense auras now.

In her current state of being she was entirely human, yet not at all. Still an angel. Malakim would be the right word for it, a way for angels to look more human, for those who would actually be seen. A method developed so that angels did not have to reveal their true forms to humans. This would make things easier for messengers at least.

She did have to wonder though: could her kind just a myth to the demon populous like how humans were? Angels were usually elusive after all, even in the human world. Rarely ever revealing themselves but usually always there. Erica assumed humans were myths in the Netherworld considering the way the demons here spoke about humans. So her kind would just be a myth of a myth.

But the chairdemon was the obvious exception to that. With him already having been to the human world at least once before. She had no idea the extent to his knowledge regarding angels.

Could he be onto me already? Is that why he was picking up this meeting?

Then a sudden force came from behind. Grabbing her.

(How the hell did I spend over 8 hours making this?? Why did I cut it off like that???)

"Eriri! Eriri! You can stay and play right?!"

Eriri, The nickname given to her by Clara Valac, who was was currently tugging at her cardigan sleeve, whom Erica had met during the summoning ritual. Erica had helped her familiar off of her after the strange girl had used herself as a demon surfboard for said familiar.

Then the greenette had procceded to do the fastest introduction ever and was now insistent on following Erica everywhere.

Perhaps the clinginess had something to do with the head pat Erica had given her in the summoning hall? Maybe their spontaneous game of patty-cake few minutes ago? Eh It was probably the piggyback ride Erica had given her less than 6 seconds ago.